Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in Alert job

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SCN Users,

What are the exact usage of below parameters used in alert jobs ?Even though I have some understanding still I am confused a bit, Please provide any SAP documentation/Link.

1.Aggergate alerts.

2.Alert-to-Mail Limit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mate_moricz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Check SAP Note 1970993 about the aggregation.

Also check SAP Note 1884625 and 1884605 on a fixes about the AlertsToMailLimit. You should also check the link( Configuring a Local Consumer on AS Java - Administering Process Integration (PI) - SAP Library) provided by Harish.

Regards,
Mate

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Both,

And what is the Retention Period,Its the number of days the alert will be active?

mate_moricz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

The retention period for the task means for how long the job logs are persisted in the database. It's specified in days: 0 doesn't keep job logs, -1 keeps the job logs and of course you can specify other positive values(integer).

Regards,
Mate

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Mate,

But the Job will be running based on the scheduling right?

I mean till how long I configure it.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

You can schedule the job for every 5 minutes like below.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes Praveen,Even recurring does the same right?

I have doubt in that retention period,its like how many days the JOB data will stored I believe.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Yes retention period means how long schedule jobs log keep in the database, below job will clean the

database based on retention period you mention in the task.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Praveen,

And last question recurring or Cron both are meant for schedulded running right If am not wrong.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

• If you have a start time and end time for your job then you can use Recurring option.
  • If you don't have end time and you want to run every 5 minutes and running the job infinitely then use the option Cron.

And small correction about the above screen shot which i mentioned for Cron job, replace 5 with */5 to run the job every 5 minutes.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen,

If am not wrong Aggregate alerts collects the similar category alerts and suppress alerts suppresses the alerts after the first one

And alerts to mail limit is still a bit confusing.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Please find the details for AlertTomailLimit

In the AlertToMailLimit field, enter the number of individual message details that would be included in the e-mail notification. The default value is 20.

Help page - Configuring a Local Consumer on AS Java - Administering Process Integration (PI) - SAP Library