cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wbs not displaying in project CJ20N

0 Kudos

Hi All,

To create a project I have created standard WBS template and created Standard network with few activities.The activities are tagged to WBS elements created in std.WBS template.

We are following assembly processing to create a project through contract.I have assigned the standard templates to specific material in CN08 and then creating contract.While saving contract project is getting created.

My problem is few wbs in standard wbs template to which there is no activity assignment in network are not coming in project structure whereas when i am creating a project manually in cj20n copying the standard template all levels are coming properly.

Is there any setting we need to do to capture those wbs to which there is no activity assignment or it is a standard behavior??

Regards,

Blessedgirl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Assembly processing refers to Network Activities and I think if you have no Activity assigned to WBS by assembly process you will not get it as it doesn't suffice the need. But if you create manually with ref you will get the empty WBS details

Regards

Murali 

0 Kudos

Hi Murlidharan,

I am also thinking the same that if network is being used then its mandatory to assign activity to each WBS otherwise it will not be displayed.

But till now i didn't get a concrete proof of the same.

Infact in forum also i didn't find any document where it is clearly mentioned like this.Thats why i am still in doubt only.

Regards,

Blessedgirl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As pointed by Murali this is in fact a standard behavior of the system and WBS elements that have no connection to the network generated by the sales document (i.e. no network activities underneath) are not created. The solution of creating dummy network activities proposed by Vittal is in my opinion the easiest one.

A less orthodox solution would be to use implicit enhancement implementations. In my test system I could manage to make the sales document to create all WBS elements of standard structure independent of network activity assignment by creating an implicit enhancement implementation at the end of form "TABLES_STANDARDPSP_INIT" in function module "CJWI_PROJECT_NETWORK_ATTACH". It turns out that inside this form table TMP_ATTACH_CJWI holds the WBS elements that will later be created by function module "CJWB_PROJECT_COPY". In your case table TMP_ATTACH_CJWI would only contain WBS element IM.TEST1234-0010-1 and for this reason only this element and element above it get created. If you add the other elements to table TMP_ATTACH_CJWI (i.e. IM.TEST1234-0010-2-01 and IM.TEST1234-0010-2-02) they should also get created.

I have not yet investigated all dependencies of this enhancement but the first results in my test system were quite promising.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

I know that assigning dummy activities to WBS will reslove my problem but i just wanted to know whether it is standard behavior or not.

As pointed by you and Murali that it is a standard behavior my doubt has been cleared now.

To All: Thank you so much for all your efforts and kind suggestions.

I am closing the thread.

Best regards,

Blessedgirl

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do Assign a dummy Activity below the missing WBS element in the Standard network template and check. I will replicate this and let you know soon

Cheers

Vittal

0 Kudos

Hi Vittal,

If i will assign a dummy activity then that particular wbs will be displayed.This scenario i have checked already.

The issue is if I am not assigning any activity to a wbs then that particular wbs is not getting displayed in the project structure in CJ20N.

I just want to know whether it is a standard behavior or still i am missing some setting?

Please help.

Regards,

Blessedgirl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blessed Girl,

Some time the issue may also cause due to the inconsistency in the structure  table , And data will not be updated accurately . So could you please check the PRHI table and the PRPS table whether that  WBS elements are maintained in the table level, and If there is any inconsistency in the structure level of right and left alignments , then in such case ,it will makes the WBS element not ( visible) / or available in the CJ20N @ display level  . So if that is the case you can try these below mentioned OSS correction notes for Hierarchy inconsistencies:-

So you can correct the structure in debug mode from the back end or try to execute the correction programme in SE38 ( OSS Note 1938289 -Z_PRHI) and CNHIERAR OSS Note 149698) Hierarchy Analysis Project Note .

These correction OSS notes helps you to rectify the inconsistency in the PRHI Structure  hierarchy issues.

Regards,

vrkumar

0 Kudos

Hi VR kumar,

I have checked the PRPS/PRHI tables the particular WBS is not getting displayed in the tables also.Hierarchy report CNHIERAR i have run but system is displaying no hierarchy error found message after execution.

The problem is when i am assigning any activity to this WBS then only it is getting displayed otherwise not displayed in CJ20N.

I am missing any setting related to display level or something or it may be standard behavior also.

I dont have any idea.

Please share if any suggestions you have.

Regards,

Blessedgirl

y7me909
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi BG,

Case 1:

Assembly scenario : 1. Under the contact line item . You assign only high level Wbs 1

2.While you assign the Std Wbs to network . Assign the corresponding activities to the corresponding WBS.

Act 10 - WBS12

Act 20 - Wbs 13

3. In Cj91 release project screen , You flag the Tick mark for SD/PS Integration.

Also remember you have one limitation i.e You can assign one material to one network only.

BR

Mahesh

0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

All these settings are already maintained in system.The issue is if I am not assigning any activity to a wbs then that particular wbs is not getting displayed in the project structure in CJ20N.

I just want to know whether it is a standard behavior or still i am missing some setting?

Please help.

Regards,

Blessedgirl.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blessed Girl,

when you are creating standard WBS than try to create only one Level 1 WBS and all other should be below that. now you can map this level 1 WBS with material in CN08.

now when you will execute creating contract you will trigger level 1 WBS and all lower level WBS will be automatically created.

please check and if still problem exist than share screenshots with details.

thanks

Sunil

0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

See initially I have created a standard WBS template like this. At second level there are two WBS:(subwbs1 and subwbs2)

Then standard network CN03(only 3 activities):

All activities are assigned to only first WBS(subwbs1) of second level:

Then Assignement of material to standard wbs and network:

Then i have created a contract by using this material and project got created while saving the contract:

Here the 2nd level wbs subwbs2 is not at all appearing as there is no activity assignment to this particular WBS.

Do i need to do some configuartion setting to display the WBS which does not have any activity assignment or it is a standard behavior..

Please clarify.

Regards,

Blessedgirl

former_member198686
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Blessed,

Use t- code CN21 create network assign thous activities in to that network and release activity then release the network then check in t code: CJ20N.

Had you work out on above process? pls check and let me know.

Regards,

@KRK@

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The above suggested t-code will be for assigning a network to a particular project.I want to create projects by copying standard templates of WBS and network.

CN21 will not serve my purpose.My issue is some WBS are not getting displayed in CJ20N.

I have run hierarchy inconsistency notes also but my problem is still unresolved.

Please suggest if any settings i have to make?

Regards,

Blessedgirl

former_member198686
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi blessed,

Check t code : "CJ02" give project def and enter , once you enter in to that screen you will find number of wbs assignment in that basic tab, next check the system status of those  wbs REL r not if not pls rel and and save. then check in cj20n it wll update.

For Release the wbs go to menu bar edit statues release. 

Regards,

@KRK@

0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

See the CJ92 screen is:

Here at second level there are two wbs: subwbs1 and subwbs2

But in CJ02 only subwbs1 is appearing:

The same thing is there in CJ20N also. I want to know why subwbs2 is not coming in CJ20N/CJ02.

Please help.

Regards,

Blessedgirl

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blessed Girl,

Just confirm what are fields you have checked while copying the standard template

I used the above, it successfully copied from standard template, including second level

Regards

Terence

0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

The case which you have tried is manual project creation by copying the standard templates in CJ20N itself.

But here in my case, Project will be automatically triggered while saving the contract by considering the material assignment to standard templates made in CN08. I am using assembly processing scenario.

Please let me know if there is any settings needs to be done in my case where i can select which fields i need to pick at the time of copying from templates while automatic project creation.

While saving contract i am getting this type of screen only.

after that contract is saved and project is created automatically.

Please help.

Regards,

Blessedgirl

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, I wont be to replicate your case. check below link whether this gives any hints

Assembly Process in Project Systems - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki

Regards

Terence