cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating inspection lot during goods issue?

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

We have an interface between our custom PP system and SAP MM such that the PP system's 'production order' (repeat: NOT in SAP) generates a GI to cost center in SAP. 100% of all these pick requests are brought to inspection table, and a subset get inspected. If some items fail inspection, we might do a GI reversal and then return to vendor.

In contemplating putting in QM, I just wanted to confirm that the current interface design is a non-starter for any integration with QM. Obviously the inventory has been issued out of SAP before QM kicks in. I wanted to confirm this before suggesting re-architecting the interface.

Thanks, Vlad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

May be I couldn't understand your requirement completely, so I thought of checking with you again.

I understand that you are using a legacy PP application (Non-SAP) where you interface any material issue request (It seems to be MvT 201/261) to SAP MM. Presently there is no integration of MM-QM in the system, so even if you do any inspection (subset of requests coming in for GI), they are mere logistic flow, and you can easily do the issue /reversals without any issues.

With this existing process in place, do you wish to add QM integration, where you may be end up creating inspection lots, then take the lots to completion by doing Results Recording (RR) and/or Usage Decision (UD)? Or, you are trying to understand how to activate QM in your present system when you have so many materials which not - QM managed, in the middle of the process?

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

I would implement QM integrated with MM. I want to do inspection lot upon goods issue to cost center. My concern is that this is not supported....the inventory has already left SAP.

Vlad