cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementating FIORI for a Customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We are in the process of implementing the new SAP UX strategy for a client and as a part of it we will start of with doing a POC by installing a few Fiori apps and then do it on a big scale.

I will deeply appreciate your support in making this a success story.

As a first step based on the current landscape of the client we chose to go with 3 transactional apps ( My Inbox, Approve PO and Approve Purchase Requisitions) . For starters they will access the Apps on desktop and on their mobile devices within the NW ( they use Citrix )

They are currently on ECC6 EHP7 (NW 7.4) with an SQL DB. so I checked the compatibility and the apps should be fine to install.

Further I would also like to use the Fiori Readiness Analysis to see the list of recommended apps based on the current landscape of the client.

Now here are the next steps I would like to have your inputs on .

1. Licensing Options : What do I need to check on the licensing part ? Do their current ERP License suffice for me to just go ahead and install fiori on their sandbox or do I need to purchase any ? Also is there a need to procure any SMP licenses ? ( Being a bit naïve here )

I will put forward more questions as we proceed.

Thanks

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member220966
Participant
0 Kudos

Sunny,

As far as I know and can tell, there will be no additional licensing costs for your client for using these Fiori apps. It is always a good idea to run this through your SAP AE.

I would recommend going through Masa's blog - All Things SAP Fiori, to help you get started.

There is no need to procure SMP licenses, SMP is not needed for deploying OOB Fiori apps. There are slightly advanced deployment options when SMP is needed, but you don't need it to start.

A few pointers, I am sure others will have more things to add as well.

1) Have you thought of your architecture options? It is recommended to have a NW Gateway server as a "hub deployment". It might behoove you and your team to do an infrastructure assessment and evaluate if there will be additional hardware costs for your client.

2) Have there been any discussions around customizing these apps or will you be deploying them vanilla OOB?

3) What kind of mobile devices will they be accessing these apps? Will they be using the mobile browsers or will they use the SAP Fiori Client to access these apps?

4) Is SSO in scope, do they already have a SSO solution in place?

Cheers,

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

Thanks for your reply it will definitely get us moving forward !!

As far as I know and can tell, there will be no additional licensing costs for your client for using these Fiori apps. It is always a good idea to run this through your SAP AE.

That's one relief and will get my AE talking !

I would recommend going through Masa's blog - All Things SAP Fiori, to help you get started. All Things SAP Fiori

Bookmarked !! 

There is no need to procure SMP licenses, SMP is not needed for deploying OOB Fiori apps. There are slightly advanced deployment options when SMP is needed, but you don't need it to start.

but what advanced deployment options are we talking about which require SMP licensing ? Can you please elaborate ?

1) Have you thought of your architecture options? It is recommended to have a NW Gateway server as a "hub deployment". It might behoove you and your team to do an infrastructure assessment and evaluate if there will be additional hardware costs for your client.

I will recommend central hub but I have a hunch that this being just a demo the client would want me to make use of the as is system and go for an embedded deployment. Do you foresee any issues with it ? Would there be any procedural changes to be followed for embedded deployment ?

2) Have there been any discussions around customizing these apps or will you be deploying them vanilla OOB?

Just the 3 OOB apps for now but I do see a little scope for extending the Approve PO app as they would want to see much more details on the PO they are approving.

3) What kind of mobile devices will they be accessing these apps? Will they be using the mobile browsers or will they use the SAP Fiori Client to access these apps?

Just the safari browsers on their Ipads !

4)

Is SSO in scope, do they already have a SSO solution in place?

I am assuming they donot have an SSO in place, haven't seen them using SAP portal either.

In case of an embedded deployment would we still need the SSO ? Would it be different with hub ?

Ideally my case is to give them access to fiori launch pad over the intranet for now do you think they would need SSO ? ( Excuse me if I am sounding naïve again ! )

BR

Sunny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some progress that we made so far.

Installed the FIORI ADD ons , going with Embedded deployment.

In SICF ->defaulthost->sap->bc->ui5_ui5>sap - I see the app ( mm_po_apv ) - ( So the UI5 Application component has been installed and the services are active)

For Checking the Odata services for approve PO app ( GBAPP_POAPPROVAL) I navigate to folder

SICF>defaulthost>sap>opu>odata>sap - Here I don't find the service related to approve PO ( does it come by default or after I activate the service in /IWFND_MAINT_SERVICE ?

Ok , if yes I goto /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE and try to add the service with my system alias but I get this error .

I checked all the SDN posts I could, any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said we are doing an embedded approach, I created an RFC destination to the same server and an alias pointing to it and I am trying to activate the services using that RFC destination. That's when I get this error. I tried the same with a LOCAL alias but still the same.

Any pointers please ? We really need to get this rolled out this week.