cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOP in customs management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi together,

I know this topic is not new, and I already searched for more information. E.g. I found these threads:

But, I think I have a more general misunderstanding of the process.

So, here the facts I figured out so far, please correct:

1. BOP = Bill of Product and is a synonym for BOM (Bill of Materials) used in ERP context

2. The standard transfer from ERP BOM´s to GTS is only used in preference processing in GTS and these BOM/BOP´s cannot be used in customs processing.

3. To use / explode BOP in customs documents, we have to follow the document "How to use BOM dependant license determination"?

3.1 Therefore during the order or delivery creation there is a BAdI /SAPSLL/IF_EX_IFEX_SD0B_R3~IF_EXTEND_COM_CDOC in which for the BOM component a "free / virtual" BOM ID is created and transferred to GTS

3.2 On top, you need to implement BAdI /SAPSLL/IF_EX_BOM_SD0B_R3~API_BOM_EXPLODE to explode the BOM already before transferring to GTS?

But even knowing this, I don´t understand completely the process.

a) why to assign a "virtual" BOP ID in the BAdI although the BOM will already be exploded during transfer?

b) Dave comments

You cannot transfer Bill of Materials for Customs purposes.  You must either set up fixed BoP in the Product Master, or set the flag "External BoP" and use the BAdI to call back to the ERP system to obtain the BoM.

I cannot find the flag "External BoP" anywhere? And, if we would maintain fixed BoP, would they be exploded during customs processing?

c) as mentioned above in point 3, is this approach only working, when you create customs documents in GTS based on delivery document or sales orders? We use pro-forma invoices as starting point for the creation of customs processing.

So, sorry, but this topic didn´t reveal it´s logic yet, so I´m again thankful for any input!

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Assuming that we are talking about Special Customs Procedures  (IPR, OPR), you will need to set up an ECPID.   Then assign the ECPID in the Product Master record.  There you should be able to see the flag for using the External BoM.

Yes the BoM is exploded during document processing - internal or external.

Billing Documents are fine for exports, as you say.

Bop ID is necessary in the BAdI to hold everything together.

Hope that helps,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

thanks for your quick reply!

To be honest, I was not talking about a special customs procedure.

Just as example: we export a bom that consists of 3 different products. Each of that products have a different customs code and therefore GTS has to check, if each of that customs code is on our license for quicker export. That´s our busines case.

Therefore ECPID is not activated in our system.

On top, when you confirm BOM is exploded during document processing, in which badi this should happen? Is /SAPSLL/IF_EX_BOM_SD0BR3~API_BOM_EXPLODE still executed, although we create customs documents based on Pro-forma invoice? similar method exists for orders (SD0A) but nor for invoices.

And as the BOP ID is needed to holding everything together, this ID is transferred just in the customs document in GTS or stored in some master data record in the product?

On top I found transaction /SAPSLL/CUHD_BOM_EXP to explode BOM´s in GTS. When this should and better question, can be used?

Sorry for these questions, but I really couldn´t find more information on that topic. Also not in the help or any book I know.

Tobias

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Let me try to answer some of your questions if not all.

1. In standard GTS, license determination is performed in Sales Order and Delivery Documents which are preceding documents of Pro-forma Invoice. Hence you can find these BADIs preliminary for these objects only and Yes this BADI has to be implemented if you want to use document dependent license determination.

2. BOP ID has to be transferred through BADI or user exit. This is how this functionality is designed and BOP Id plays a very important role in subsequent steps in this process.This is not stored in the product but it works as a link between customs document and BOM. This is stored in tables /SAPSLL/BOMHD and /SAPSLL/BOMIT in the field KMAT_IDENT (i have already provided this information in another thread which you have referred)

3. For BOM dependent license determinaton functionality, lincese determination doesn't happen when document is replicated from feeder system to GTS as customs document but the system postpones the license determination as soon as it finds that the product is a BOM. To explode the BOM and carry out license determination, you need to use transaction /SAPSLL/CUHD_BOM_EXP. This is how this functionality has been designed.

I hope i am able to provide you some more insights.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I was mis-led by the title of your original question.  From your remarks, it's clear that you are talking about Compliance Management,  not Customs.

In that case,  I think Kul has hopefully answered to your satisfaction.   Please accept my apologies for any confusion.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

no, you are still completely right and not mis-led by my question title. I only speak about customs management: we are exporting goods that are represented as BOM´s in ERP. Out of this order & delivery we create a pro-forma invoice that triggers the customs document in GTS. So, you are still on the right track!

I appreciate Kul´s answer, but to be honest, the whole process is still not clear to me. I planned to debug and analyse the behavior of using the BAdI´s on ERP side to see what happens in GTS. Maybe I also misunderstood the term "license determination", in my opionion it was the determination of authorities in GTS, means, the possibility to shorten the customs declaration with customs office?

Out of this, what I understood so far, if my order /delivery / pro-forma has a BOM inside, I have to explode this within the ERP BAdI´s mentioned. Based on this, I don´t know yet what then happens, I guessed I only transfer the material masters in the BOM to GTS or maybe a BOP ID that I just defined and later on with this BOP ID I can explode the BOM inside GTS? That´s not yet clear, but I will further investigate.

Because, the transaction I mentioned (/SAPSLL/CUHD_BOM_EXP) completely disrupt the process in my understanding. How should my end user know they have to use this transaction for one single customs document?

So you see, you understood everything right, just my understanding of the process and hand-over from ERP to GTS has some gaps!

Thanks for your help, never found a person that helpful in any forum so far, incredible!

Tobias

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

With no intention to hijack this thread, i recalled some facts/findings when i last debugged this code. Just wanted to share them in this thread.

1. Since for BOM dependent license determination functionality, we do not transfer BOM as a master data, BOM is transferred on transaction basis, there is no way that GTS can identify that a product in a customs document has a BOM. For this reason, it is important to transfer BOM ID in field BOM_IDENT. When GTS finds that there is a BOM ID associated with a item, it does not perform license determination at that time.

2. The BOM is transferred on transaction basis and that too asynchronously to avoid performance issues. This could be the reason that GTS doesn't perform license determination for a product having a BOM immediately as it does not have information of its components at that point of time as BOM is transferred asynchronously at a later stage.

3. Since license determination did not happen in the customs document having a BOM, SAP has given transaction /SAPSLL/CUHD_BOM_EXP to manually explode the BOM in the document and carry out license determination. There is a transaction /SAPSLL/SIM_BOM_EXP where you can simulate the results before you actually explode BOM

4. This transactional BOM is meant to be a temporary BOM and should be deleted after step 3.

Please do update this thread with your findings when you are done.

thanks,

Kul Vaibhav

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the clarification.

In GTS, Licence Management is part of the Compliance module; hence the confusion. I think Kul's answers are good, but let us know if you still have questions on this point.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, as I realized I misunderstood license determination previously (now I got the point it´s export control, if we are allowed to export some materials at all) and meant authority determination (if the custom codes of the materials are on our authority for simplified export) I ask myself, if this approach also explained by Kul is the right approach for my process at all?

Or is there any better functionality I couldn´t find so far for my target: we want to export a material that is a BOM in ERP (for a better understanding, this BOM is used as an assortment consisting of e.g. 3 different kind of foods - banana, chocolate, strawberry) . Therefore the order / delivery / pro-forma just have the BOM material inside and this is transferred like one material to GTS into a customs document after creating the pro-forma. Now, somehow I expect that GTS can explode the BOM to check the custom codes of each single product inside the BOM to determine the right customs procedure for export (simplified or not).

I got the point there is a possibility on ERP side to attach a temporary BOP ID to the ERP BOM material (/SAPSLL/IF_EX_IFEX_SD0B_R3~IF_EXTEND_COM_CDOC). On top, we could use /SAPSLL/IF_EX_BOM_SD0B_R3~API_BOM_EXPLODE to explode the BOM already into single products on ERP side. But, as already mentioned, this is for license determination and not for my export process. Also transaction /SAPSLL/CUHD_BOM_EXP is for checking the license but not for determining the customs procedure.

So, sorry for the confusion as I misunderstood the license determination, but maybe you have some ideas how to achieve my target process?

Thanks for all the help, Tobias