cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to print barcode although in printpreview barcode shown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we have warehouse managed plant.During GRN, barcode is printed as storage unit.

now we have changed the old printer,we are facing the problem that barcode is not printed although in print preview barcode is shown.

Before changing the printer barcode was automatically printed during GRN.

Note: System able to print lablels with barcode after quality inspection with same printer i.e its not a printer issue.

please suggest any configuration or setting missed for this issue.

Thanks

Tushar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It has definitively to do with the printer, as you exchanged the printer and not the customizing and not the programs, or did you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Thanks for your reply.

We have not changed any program or customization.

With same printer we are able to print label with barcode after quality inspection.

if this is printer problem then why after QA we are able to print barcode?

Thanks

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the printer 'live' on your production client ?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Android,

Thanks !

Yes Printer is live on production client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I agree with Jurgen in that this must be a printer issue as it is the only thing that has changed. I've had problems with Zebra printers in the past, where they supplied a reconditioned printer and the previous customers 'filter coding' were still active on the printer thus stopping our code being recognised. Once these filters were cleared, the printer worked perfectly as expected.

Not saying this is the problem here, but highlighting that sometimes it's not just a case of plug n play when it comes to printers.

Have you spoken to the printer supplier ?

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Android,

Printer is OK because  it is able to print the bar code with other transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your missing my point, receipting unrestricted stock and releasing stock from an inspection lot are two different things, but let try a different approach.

Have you checked the barcode format for both operations are the same ? Could it be that one is Code39 for example and the other 128 ???

Cheers