cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution manager 7.2 - template process

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

we are currently using 7.1 for template project concept to handle the global roll outs. we have templates defined within template projects.

these templates will be available in " Scope " tab when the creating the implementation projects. so the implementation projects will have all the documents from template projects ( business process documents , test cases and training materials )

Now we need to replicate the whole process in 7.2 since the transport of project is not supported in 7.2 ( we can't transport 7.1 projects in to 7.2 unless we do a upgrade to 7.2. )

7.2 is completely based on solutions for documentation

i need to understand in 7.2 how to implement the template project concept using solutions in 7.2.

Any help is highly appreciated

Thanks

Sol man

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Solman Novice,

Yes it is not there and much improved concept has replaced it.

Kindly check my reply in below thread with link to check it further.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Prakhar

thanks for your reply

do you know what is the concept name which replaced the template process in 7.2 ?

because i can't find the correct document for template process in 7.2 from help.sap.com

Thanks

sol man

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Solman Novice,

Check slide 12 in below link

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/SAP%20Support%20Portal/support-programs-services/solutio...

i hope this clarifies further

Thanks

Prakhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Solman Novice,

Please let me know if you need any other information regarding the same,

Thanks

rishav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Solman Novice,

Yes, In 7.2 it is completely changed.

I will say, you need to perform the content activation prior to migrate and that should cover your template scenarios as well.

SAP note 2061626,

Please find below info.

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/002007974700000398282014E.PDF

In SAP Solution Manager 7.2,  There is new concept and template management functionality is not being used anymore. Template projects can be migrated to SAP Solution Manager 7.2 and activated.

Further if you are using global roll-out functionality very heavily , upgrade to SAP Solution Manager 7.2 is initially not possible. The successor to the global rollout functionality is currently planned for a future releases.

Thanks

Rishav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rishav

thanks for your response

the document you have attached is not relevant for 7.2 .seems you have attached wrong document.

Please attach the correct document

from my customer , upgrade is not an option at the moment. so we need to replicate the template functionality in 7.2 by redoing the things again in 7.2

Also i am surprised , we cannot use the concept of template in 7.2. what i assumed initially was , there could be new name which will support the functionality of templates derivation in 7.2

Thanks

Sol man

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Solman Novice

Please get it from here

Template Management | SAP Support Portal

In 7.2, It will be released in later versions of solution manager.

Thanks

Rishav