SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIRO Error for Budget

former_member778197
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We control the budget on PO. When we create a PO the system consumes budget period 1. We transfer the residual budget of 1st period to 2nd period at the end of period 1 ( January 31 ). For example our budget for January 1000 EUR. We created PO with 500 EUR. Our residual budget is 500 EUR. in February, we will create invoice with PO referance. The system will consume the budget from January cause PO was created in January. But we transferred the budget to February and there is no longer budget in January.  The system will not able to consume the budget from January. Our customer dont want to change their process Otherwise, they dont want to take error in MIRO.

How Can I do about this issue?

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do you manage your periods? Via which object?

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do you manage your periods? Via which object?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

We manage the periods via fund.

Thank you

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's normal: system takes FM assignment from PO, which remains on fund '1' and MIRO is posted with the same fund '1'. In order to overwrite this behaviour, you can use FLG_PO_PROTECT flag in FM01X table. For more info, consult note 1875038 - Enhancement of FM Derivation Tool, for example.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Can I upload this note? This note relevant about 280 oss note also. Will it solve out problem? Our customer dont entry invoice because of this error. Our system EA-PS 6.00.

Thank you very much

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With this note, you'll be able to overwrite standard system behaviour, where FM assignment is adopted from PO. You can try and play with this protection flag without this note, but it might not work.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I noticed that when I searched the error. in MIRO, the system derives M02 as fund. I had fund derived from posting date. When I change the FMDERIVE rule for fund ( period ), it derived M01 in MIRO and it didnt give error. I think the reason of error is wrong rule. My rules for fund as below. Each rule is different derivation rule step in FMDERIVE. I ticked "overwritte with new value If new value is not empty" after M01 for all funds. Invoice date is in M02 and it overwrites M01. I think if I fix these rules it will work. But I could not ruin other sides. Do you have any advice how Can I configure fund rule?

M01  : 01.04.2016 - 30.04.2016

M02  : 01.05.2016 - 31.05.2016

M03  : 01.06.2016  - 30.06.2016

M12  : 01.03.2017  - 31.03.2017

Thank you very much

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only with enhancement in FMDERIVE or, if you can identify MIRO document, say, by document type, you can condition the rule of fund derivation, that it shouldn't apply for MIRO documents. This way, it will keep the assignment from the PO.

0 Kudos

I made this and it worked.

Thank you Eli.