cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide secret fields in message log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello XI experts,

in one of our scenarios, we are tranferring sensitive data using SAP XI and some data fields should not appear in the log files.

My question now: is it possible to hide certain fields in the message logs (SXMB_MONI and the like)?

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

you can do something even better:

just have a look at my blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/01/02/xi-sxmbmoni--controlling-access-to-message-display

this is a proper and standard way

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

thanks for the information, this might be helpful. I guess there is no way to hide just a single field, so we will have to see how we handle this.

Thanks,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

It is not possible to hide single field in log. but we can restrict from others to see these fields at message level.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ea/c91141e109ef6fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Other wise we can handle encryption method , manually

Regards

Chilla

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>>It is not possible to hide single field in log. but we can restrict from others to see these fields at message level.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ea/c91141e109ef6fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

MLS - message level security

does not work like that - it allows encryption only at adapter level

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chila,

thanks for the info, but this doesn't seem to be the thing I'm looking for.

I'm now thinking of having two custom adapter modules: one on the sender side that encrypts just that single XML field and one on the receiver side that decrypts the XML field.

This should work, shouldn't it?

Best regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the Only one way is as per above blog but that is whole msg.

Finally Not possible.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Matthias,

I have a similar requirement and was wondering if you were able to solve this issue.

I will appreciate if you can let me know your solution.

Thanks,

Paresh

Answers (0)