Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpaid duty to paid duty

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear GTS Experts,

We can make the goods unpaid customs duty to paid customs duty By Using closing potion option in BWH .

But,Sap provides this function module  /SAPSLL/API_IVMS_IDUP_SYNCH to make the goods from unpaid customs to paid customs.

Please let me know the difference between both of them.

Thanks a lot

Venu gopala reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

That Function Module is provided in case you need to migrate existing DUP stock into GTS  (maybe the business is already running a Customs Warehouse).  It has no other use, and does NOT convert DUP to DP stock.

Regards,

Dave

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dave,

Thanks for your posting,But let me know, Closing portain option also works same like that.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

I'm afraid I don't understand your question,  and it doesn't sound like you have a good understanding of the Customs Warehouse functionality in GTS.  Until you do,  I wouldn't recommend trying to continue.

Regards,

Dave

srinivas_yellampalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Hope you are trying to implement the Customs Warehouse process to your client. please go through the below link, which will explain you the process clearly.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_ewm700_ehp02/helpdata/en/d1/c8cb53ad377114e10000000a174cb4/content.htm

I assume that the  above link will give you a better understanding , which will help you for your assignments .

Thanks,

Srinivas Yellampalli

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dave and srinivas,

Thank you so much for your time.

My doubt is,If above function module helps DUP Stock into GTS stock,But what is the role of Closing portion.

Please check this screen shot.

srinivas_yellampalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Please go through the below thread.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1519633

hope you will get clarification with this.

Thanks,

Srinivas Yellampalli

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

Allready,I read this thread but confused to understand when closing portion works.

Because, already function module works.

Please explain me from business point of view.

I really appreciate your time ...I don't know knowledge on BWM please let me know difference.

Thanks a lot

Venu gopal

former_member264151
Discoverer
0 Kudos

From a business process standpoint, the only way to convert duty unpaid stock into duty paid stock in the BWH is to file an import declaration with Customs on the goods. 

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

could you please give me comments ....

Thanks a lot ...

Venu gopal reddy