cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Proxy Generation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @,

I have a query Is it possible to generate the server ABAP proxy with out compliting the Message Mapping in the SAP XI?

I think not as the message mapping is also taken into consideration while generating the Proxies.

Please clear the confusion.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>>I have a query Is it possible to generate the server ABAP proxy with out compliting the Message Mapping in the SAP XI?

you don't need message mapping to generate a proxy class in your ERP/R3

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Michael,

I am not able to activate my mapping so can i still go ahead and generate the proxy server without any botheration just need one more confiramtion (as mapping is required in interface mapping)

Regards

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>I am not able to activate my mapping so can i still go ahead and generate the proxy server without any botheration just need one more confiramtion (as mapping is required in interface mapping)

of course you can you can finish the mappping later on

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

As already pointed out, mapping is not used while creating proxies. Proxies are created based on the interfaces. So, if you happen to change the datatype underlying the interface, then you need to regenerate the proxy. Mapping in no way is associated to the proxy.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The generation of ABAP proxies has nothig to do with Message Mapping. It is related only to the Message Interfaces, not to Mappings.

Go ahead and create your ABAP proxies without creating Message Mappings.

Regards,

Puloma.