Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.40 - Window flashes

alvaro_pedrosa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I searched and i couldn't find anyone with this same issue.

Since I upgraded to 7.40 I noticed the following behavior:

When I'm in a pop up window and I press enter to validate a value the window flashes. disappears and appears in a split second.

This was something that didn't happen before in 7.3.

Downgraded to 7.3, stopped happening

Did a full uninstall and fresh  7.40 install, started happening

Tried in 2 different PCs and they have the same behavior.

Video showing the problem

7 40 VA02 - YouTube

Video showing normal behavior

7 30 VA02 - YouTube

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

LutzR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alvaro, I have never seen an error like this with SAP GUI. But I saw something comparable with a different application quite a while ago. That one was solved by a grafics driver update. GUI 7.40 is based on new Microsoft C-Libraries. So this might reveal incompatibilities / driver glitches.

Regards,

Lutz

alvaro_pedrosa
Explorer
0 Kudos

I did upgrade graphics drivers

I also tested on another desktop and also a laptop.

I also opened a ticket with my company's SAP support in Portugal, ROFF, and they informed me that they updated SAP GUI 7.40 in another company and they have the same behavior.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would say that you should open a Customer Incident with SAP Support, but I guess your support provider would do that on your behalf. Otherwise, besides making sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date, also make sure you're up-to-date with Windows Updates.

Also, I've realized that we're not quite in the right forum for SAPGUI questions. You might get more help if we ping the space. We might be able to get a moderator to move the discussion there. Pinging and for that.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Since 7.40 gui is built on visual studio 2012, it might be worth updating the dependency libraries

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

For a 64bit OS, ensure you are installing both 32 and 64bit libraries as SAPgui is a 32bit application,but for a 64bit OS, you also need the 64bit  vs2012 files too.

Regards,

Jude

alvaro_pedrosa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks

I installed both update 4 and update 5 and the problem persists

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you open a support incident yet? Please do so, and upload the video file that you've shown, or send a link in the incident to the video you've posted.

For starters, do an install check by running "nwsapsetupadmin" and upload this to the incident to show if there are any errors or the install check is fine.

Regards,

Jude

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jude, are these vs2012 redistributable updates part of regular Windows updates? I.e., if a PC is kept up-to-date for Windows, is there still a need to separately push out VS updates?

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes. that's correct Matt, but some companies delay these updates or there are newer versions of the same files available online. At home I tend to have issues with dependencies where the latest version was not installed. In the work environment, it might be a different matter though

Jude

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182371
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe this thread can help you:

SAP GUI 7.40 crashes | SCN

Best regards,

Pablo

alvaro_pedrosa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately that's not the issue, everything works properly, the window just flashes.

I tried the steps in the mentioned thread and i noticed no difference in this behaviour.

former_member182371
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at this OSS Note please:

2035293 - known and open issues of SAP GUI for Windows.

Best regards,

Pablo

alvaro_pedrosa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your reply

Patch level 9 installed and the problem persists

former_member182371
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

these are some interesting comments:

Best regards,

Pablo

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Haha, thanks, Pablo, though I'm not sure my own whining and moaning will help much.

The flashing windows problem sounds familiar, I recall others reporting similar problems a long time ago (on an earlier version). I don't recall the solution then (might have been a patch?). I'm not encountering that now, though, just general quirkiness around updates, upgrades, and so on (which might really be an issue with sapsetup and not sapgui, but it really started with upgrading my installation server to 7.40), and general unhappiness with the newer themes (so I'm sticking with Signature for now).

Alvaro, have you tried using a different theme?

Cheers,

Matt

alvaro_pedrosa
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried all the themes, always the same window behavior