Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager Central Correction Note Issue

former_member185327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently I came up with a scenario below.

In our Development and Production Solman System both we got a prompt to implement the version 17 (latest)  of SAP Central Correction Note.

It has been done successfully without any issues in the development system.

Now we tried to implement the note to Production Solution Manager System through the transport request which got created as a result of applying the note there in the Development Solman system.

However during the import I got Transport Error regarding some program related syntax error. It's for one program only.

Also after that from the Solman_Setup screen  when I am trying to navigate to System Preparation tab, I am getting Page cannot be displayed and rabax state error.

Checked the market place and got a note which is suggesting to remove a BADI enhancement after which the navigation issue should be resolved, same has been suggested by the SAP in the OSS message as well.

Now my question is since it's happening all in the production system, what is the best approach I can take to make it green again, as we don't have any previous snapshot of the system to restore.

Thanks and Regards

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If SAP already gave you the instruction to correct via SAP OSS it should be safe to follow. Otherwise deimplement note in development and transport this de-implement transport across. I have had the same issue before with dbacockpit notes.

Regards,

J

former_member185327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolaas,

Yes I am also thinking about de-implementing the transport from the Dev system and then importing the same into Production.

Then applying the notes individually in each of the Systems respectively. No transports this time.

So will it be a safest approach, since I have adjusted the ST-A/PI component incompatibility issue between both Development and Production system ?

Regards

Anurag

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Das.

1.  Could you share the error message while importing in production solution manager(Syntax error)?

2. Is the stack levels are same in both solution managers Dev & Prd systems ?

BR

SS

former_member185327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,,

As requested please find the screenshot of the below syntax check.

Regarding the Stack comparison I have checked the ST, ST-SER and all other components looking ok.

But one additional thing I would like to mention which I am suspecting at the moment.

When I applied the Central Correction Note in Development system, the ST-A/PI component was at 01R_700.

Now the thing is Production ST-A/PI component was at 01S_700.

So when I moved the transport before that I upgraded the ST-A/PI component to 01S_700 as I was getting error notification earlier during a different transport.

So will that be the case for this inconsistency ?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Das

Thanks for you information. Could share the component ST release and level?

2. Check this SAP KBA for the syntax error

2173659  &  2129259

BR

SS

former_member185327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

As requested the Component Details is

ST Release 710 and SP Level 11 for both Development and Production Solman.

Regards

Anurag

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag.

During the import are you getting any dumps?

Try to implement the SAP Note 1991031 and then try again

BR

SS