Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Agentry Rounds manager - shifts based queries

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We have a requirement and just wanted to know how can this be done with standard Rounds manager app.

Scenario: We have three different shifts (morning, afternoon and evening) with each one having different Entry lists with different measuring points. User in the morning shift should NOT be able to see the Entry lists for afternoon or evening shift and vice versa. Users should not be asked to use filters for the same.

Questions:

1) How an Entry list be assigned to one particular person id for three different shifts.

2) How an Entry list be assigned to three different person id for each shifts.

If these things needs to be configured in the SAP system, kindly explain where exactly and how?

Thanks you

Best regards

Sajan mathew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sajan,

The assumption here is they share the same device, right?

Out of the box or by standard design, each of the user will be assigned a user ID.  For each of the user ID in theory, you have identified this user to work those Entry List.  So in theory, when they logged in they should only see what they are assigned.

If your Entry List is available for all (Only one User ID), then in your javaBE.ini you should accomodate for one global user.

~~~~~javaBE.ini~~~~~~~

[LOGON_METHOD]

;  USER_AUTH_GLOBAL if pooled connections using single UID/Password is used
~~~~~~~end~~~~~~~~~~

Now here is the issue, all can see the Entry List.  You may need to create multipe screens (in Agentry Editor) that can be viewed per shift (with specific include rules).  The Screen will be enabled based on how they answered a prior screen with 3 questions or option (1st shift, 2nd shift and 3rd shift).  You may create enable rules that has unique shift passwords.

Kiosk screen (1st shift, 2nd shift, 3rd shift) --> Depending on what they answer (a screen shows up - please enter password for shift) --> If correct, enables the screen if not then do what you want like go back to the kiosk screen or others.

There may be different ways to do this but this is the one I can think of right now.

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mark for your valuable input...

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mark Pe,

In your reply above - "Out of the box or by standard design, each of the user will be assigned a user ID.  For each of the user ID in theory, you have identified this user to work those Entry List.  So in theory, when they logged in they should only see what they are assigned."

1) Is this feature "Assigning Entry lists to specific User Id (Mobile user/Technician/Rowing crew)" really available in Standard SAP Rounds manager 3.0 ?

2) If it is available, could you please help me on how to do this?

I have been searching a lot on how to do this Entry list-User assignment done, whether in SAP PM backend or in Mobile Add-on for Rounds manager and how exactly but I don't find any relevant contents related to this.

Please help me with this. It is little urgent.

I have also opened a new thread for this, you may please consider replying there. Here is the link -

Thank you

Sajan Mathew

Answers (0)