cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

i was using Sap Gui ver 7.40 on Windows 10 without any problem.

SUddendly, a few days ago i launched logon and, as usual, appeared a small windows saying "Waiting to connect to..." Usually after some seconds I was redirected in the window where Inshould have typed user name and password but...now this doesn't happen anymore. In fact now there is this small windows saying "waiting" forever.

I use a VPN connection to reach the server and it is regualrly connected.

I have also a MacBook. From that machine everything works fine!

what can be the reason? Please help me as I really need the connection on my Windows 10 pc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

The description almost sounds like the behavior of when the Archive Log file system is full.

Check with your admin to validate that the file systems are not 100% full (especially the archive log file system).

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea.

1. Check the firewall blockage? or update the SAPGUI 7.40 latest service package.

2. Have able to ping the remote SAP host using Hostname or IP ?

3. Try to using the following command from the Run " SAPGUI (IP address SAP host) (Instance number)"

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

THank you Sriram,

I tried all your points. I completely disabled Firewall but the problem is still there.

when I'm connected to Vpn I am able to ping the host.

HAve also tried to launch Sap logon using the command line...but unfortunately no good news.

WHat is getting me crazy is that this thing is happening from 2 different PC in my office (both Windows 10), while my MacBook that uses SapGui for Java works fine! But is not possible that is something related with a compatibility issue because until few days ago everything worked fine also on Windows 10...

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Then you have to contact you network administrator further assistant and guidenss

Regards

SS