cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Conversion in receiver FTP adapter - issue with comma (,) within the data

rashid_eqbal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a proxy to file scenario.

Requirement is to generate a csv file on the receiver FTP folder.

In the receiver FTP adapter Content Conversion Properties, I have given fieldSeparator as comma (,).

When a particular field is having comma (,) within the data like <SALES_UNIT> 22,23</SALES_UNIT> this is getting separated in different column in the csv file.

How can we avoid this situation?

Thanks,

Rashid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashid,

are you opening the CSV in excel?

AFAIK - the system needs to understand which comma needs is field separator and which one is data/value. In java we can define the escape char to achieve this.

Please provide more details about your issue.

regards,

Harish

rashid_eqbal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Yes, I am opening CSV in excel. The data in excel is required by receiver.

Could you please provide some more information/link on how to achieve this using escape character through Java.

Thanks,

Rashid

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rashid,

The Adapter is converting the data into correct format only but when u open the csv file in excel by default the excel has property of opening csv file with  dlimiter as , (comma) that is the reason why u see the data is getting  shifted to  next cell.

But alternative  u can have a different delimiter other then comma or the comma in data has to be replaced with some other characteristic, or you can have a delimiter as comma with double quotes (",")

Br,

Manoj

rashid_eqbal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks you for your input.

Replacing comma in the data with some other character is a good option.

Thanks,

Rashid