cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Form Search: Search "Literal Date" field in Qualified table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a qualified table "Price". This table includes (beside others) the field "EfectiveDate" (Type: literal date, Qualifier = yes)

In the free form search I would like to use these field. But the data manager behaves strange for me in that case (Search table = main table "Products"):

If I enter the following search criteria:

"EfectiveDate" - is Null = no

It selectst 5 out of 15 entries.

That is the result I expected.

But if I enter the following search criteria:

"EfectiveDate" - < = 30.04.2010

It doesn't find any result (even if it should...all dates are smaller than 30.04.2010)

Or If search with the "=" operator. It does not find an entry even if the date is 100 % identical

For test purposes I created another "literal date field" in the main table. There everything works like expected...No issues at all.

Can anyone explain me that behaviour?

Greetings and thanks in advance,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

You can specify any operator for the main table field <b>except</b> "Is Null" with value “Yes” and

"Language layer" with value “is missing value”, “inherits primary”, “inherits secondary”, “inherits any”.

Thanks,

Arun prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Please check the main table field (type: Look up (Qualified) (Multivalued)) operator.

It should be either “Contains” or “equals” and the value should be empty.

(In your scenario you are trying to set search based on the values in the field of the look up table. So the main field search value should be empty)

Now specify the look up field "EfectiveDate" operator as <= and supply the value.

It works for me.

Thanks,

Arun prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

thanks for your answser, but I did it exactly like you describe it.

The main table field "Price" is set to "contains" and the value is empty. I only fill the value for the "EfectiveDate" parameter....

But it does not work....

For test purposes I added a field "Date" in the subtable "Hyperlinks" (also qualified) and the result is the same. the free form search does not work in case of the new added "Date"field...

Greetings,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.....

does anyone has an answer for me? I need this feature, because there is a requirement to show only "valid" prices to the user.

That means I may have several prices for a product.

a) prices that are valid (within a time period -->Effective Date - Expire Date)

b) prices that are obsolete (sy-datum > expire date)

c) prices that will become valid in the future

I also tried to use the "search Expression" : price.expiredate < "05/03/2007"

but i am not sure about the syntax or in which format MDM expects the date in case of this kind of search.....

Greetings and thanks for all answers,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the fields you want to search on in Qualified Tables, you have to set the following:

<b>Sort Index</b> in Console should be set to <b>NORMAL</b>

Change it from None to Normal.

Reload the repository and it should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adhappan,

unfortunately this is not possible in case of a field with type "Literal Date" in my case. When this field is defined as a qualifier the attribute "Sort Index" automatically switches to "None".

In the reference guide there is the following comment:

"Some field types are not sortable. These will always have

the property set to None and the property will be disabled."

I just wonder how it works for Arun.....so it seems technically it should be possible....

Greetings,

Tobias