cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - WPF client crashing when using Loop Over Displayed Items

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a List Tile View on a detail screen running on the WPF Agentry client.  This LTV has a single click action, that in turn has a subaction which loops over all of the LTV's displayed items.  Each iteration through the loop executes a transaction screen which allows me to update the row in the LTV.  So when I click Finish on the transaction screen the app simply remains on the transaction screen and displays the next object in the LTV.  It doesn't return to the entire list until I've reached the end of the rows in the LTV, or click Cancel. 

My app works fine for a while - I can select a row in the List Tile View, and edit it on the transaction screen, and when I click Finish it moves on to the next row.  However, after using the app for a few minutes, it starts acting strangely (such as, Rules stop working) and eventually the Agentry client crashes.

When I change the code to not loop over the rows (in other words, the user has to select each row one at a time from the LTV and after finished editing they are returned to the detail screen where they must select another row) then it doesn't cause the Agentry client a problem - no crashes.  I also have no crashes using the looping mechanism on my iOS clients.

I'm using SMP server 3.0.10.5, SMP SDK 3.0.11.1, WPF Agentry client 70.11.0.5, and Agentry editor plugin 70.6.2.23

Is this a bug in the WPF client?

Thanks

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Is your action applying each reading as it is taken?

Have you tried using the SDK Sp12 client?

-Bill

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Bill,  I upgraded to SDK sp12 WPF client and it seems to have resolved the problem, thanks.  However now I have a different issue.  After I've started looping through the LTV's items on the transaction screen, when I try to exit the screen with the Cancel button (or with Finish button if I'm on the last item), the button doesn't exit the screen the first time I click it, I have to click it a second time before it will exit.  Sound like a bug in sp12 client?

Thanks

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

The issue with having to click the Cancel or Finish button twice to exit the transaction screen seems to be related to using the LTV's single click action instead of its edit action.  When I change to using the edit action then the issue goes away.  Using the single click action would have been preferable since you can click anywhere on the row to get the action to fire.  Now using the edit action you must first select the row, then click the LTV's edit button to get the action to fire. 

There still seems to be one remaining issue even when using the edit action.  After you've exited the transaction screen after editing data, the next row in the LTV is selected, but the edit button is disabled until you select a different row.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would suggest logging those as issues for support.

--Bill

Answers (0)