cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - must wait at least 2 seconds after entering value to save

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a transaction screen that contains one data entry field.

Oddly enough, the transaction doesn't save the information if you click Finish immediately after entering the value.  You have to wait at least 2 seconds after typing in the value in field before I can click Finish, or else the data doesn't get saved.  Waiting 2+ seconds to click Finish after typing in the value saves the data fine.  I'm using SMP server 3.0.10.5, SMP SDK 3.0.11.1, WPF Agentry client 70.11.0.5, and Agentry editor plugin 70.6.2.23.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

Thanks

Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Tim,

I have not seen that behavior before.  I would suggest testing with SDK SP12 and if the behavior is the same then open a ticket with Support. 

Are there any special rules on the transaction property or the screen fields?

--Bill

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Bill - I do have a simple Hidden rule on the entry field, and the transaction has three Validation rules related to the value entered.

If I upgrade the SDK do I also have to upgrade the SMP server version to 3.0.11?

Thanks

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No, you can use the newer SDK client with your existing server.  You can also just install the client to a new location so you have both the old and new clients on the same machines side by side.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have seen this issue,  while we don't have to wait 2 seconds, but more like 1 second.

I believe this is linked to the changes that were made to trim spaces a while ago (but the field doesn't have it set).  It looks like it that's a second once typing has stopped before it picks up there was data entered.

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Stephen - were you able to  do anything to work around the issue, or did an SMP upgrade help?

Thanks

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To All,

The trimming function or issue/resolution is documented under:

2235793 - Trailing space deleted on Agentry WPF Client.

This is for reference only to help with the discussion (See Cause for time + resolution).

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Mark - thanks for the link.  The transaction property's "Trim" setting was already turned off.  I did try toggling it on/off and rebuilding, but I'm still seeing the problem.  I also tried the suggestion of unzipping the transaction's .agdz file by copying/adding ".zip" to the filename, but when I try to unzip it I get an error stating that the file is not in proper format.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tim,

I just want to share the trim link for the implied cause in the document "In order to avoid the performance penalty of actually running the update rules after every character, which would probably cause a delay of 500ms. If a person pauses for more than half a second, the update rules designed in Agentry will be called..".  That is from development of Agentry tied to client response time.  Just wondering if it correlates with your 2 second save requirement.

Regards,

Mark Pe

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

The 2 seconds is a rough guess.  It seems like it's at least a second that we have to wait, but it's hard to tell the exact amount.  I'm tying now with WPF agentry client 70.12.1.11, and still having the problem.

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Mark,  Would this be considered a defect in the Agentry client? I don't see a way to work around the problem through my code.

Thanks

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tim,

I can't really say for sure if it is a defect or a limitation.  There is no other area where you can switch any time related save functionality (or apply functionality)

So if you want to file this as a defect, you will need the following before opening an incident:

• Agentry.db dump (Make sure it is not encrypted - switch is in the main application definition of the Agentry editor under Security)
  • Reproduction steps in detail from getting into the client (login) to the screen where you click the save.
  • all versions and product version specified in your report.
  • This is considered a client issue so if the agentry.db cannot be used, there may be likelihood you may need to send in the actual device at fault.

At this point the support engineering team will try to reproduce your 2 second issue based on what you have provided then forward this to the Agentry Client Development team (the team will differ based on iOS or WPF or Android).

They may analyze if it is an issue or a limitation and provide the answer or solution or patch it in the next release.

Hope this help out. 

Mark Pe