cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POP UP message window for selected order type

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VA01 is there a way to configure a POP UP message when a user selects a certain sales order type .

For example if the user select ZFFD order type it pops up a message box "Please remember to XZXXXXXXX'  after they press enter..

I know how to do it with text fields for a customer but was wondering if I can do something by order type

thanks

-steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry Jelena how else would you recommend a way to communicate something to a user in VA01with using annoying popups 

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm questioning whether it's something that even must be communicated every time every user runs VA01 for this order type. You haven't told us what the message is regarding exactly. But if you feel the users need to be reminded about it then I guess something bad will happen if they don't do what you're asking. In this case a better approach would be to issue an error message (or use incompletion procedure, for example) when the users actually do not remember to do what you are asking them.

Such "preemptive pop-ups" are not effective at all. The diligent users will remember it from the first time and will be just annoyed by having to close the pop-up. The less diligent users won't pay attention any way and you won't catch their error. So what's the point?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of annoying all the users with reminders consider showing an error message when the user did not remember XZXXXX.

There are already so many pop-ups in SD that people learn very fast to click through all of them without reading.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VOTXN - Sales Doc. Header Text Procedure Assignment - Flag the Text in Overview screen option against your Sales Order type & Text Combination.

Maintain Text and it will appear in your overview screen after entering the order type.

Regards,

SRK

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stephen,

This does not look like SAP standard. My guess is that an enhancement's been made to your SAP system, that's why popups are being opened in certain order types. You'll need help from your local Abap consultant to handle your requirement.