Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry custom client icon for internal App store

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This question is in the limit between the knowledge of a SAP product and iOS developer.

I created an Agentry custom client and everything works fine except one thing: The icon displayed in our internal app store (Airwatch) is not the custom application icon we have designed.

Following my own post , I added the icons to the assets catalogue, but instead of the icons from the Agentry Bundle, I used custom enterprise icons created by our designer. I mapped correctly each icon file to the relevant asset catalogue device setting.

When I install the app in any device, I see the correct custom icon, but when in the Airwatch store, the icon displayed is the original "orange-yellow" background with white figure from SAP.

How can I replace the original SAP icon for the app store with my custom icon? It is confusing users to get one icon in the app store and then see a different one in the device once the app is installed.

Kind Regards,

Marçal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Marcal,

You need to make sure you replaced all the icons.  There are also two icons iTunesArtwork (512x512) and iTunesArtwork@2x (1024x1024) that are used for app store display that you should set as well.  I would guess that the Airwatch app store is using these to display to users and that they were not updated with your custom icon.

--Bill

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I guess you are right, but how do I set the iTunesArtworks@2x? It is not in the asset catalogue like the rest of the icons for the different devices.

Can I add it manually somehow?

I guess for some iOS developer this looks like a very basic question, but I couldn't totally understand how to do it even checking iOS development documentation.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just create the files with those names (no extension unlike the App icons) and add them to your iOS project.

--Bill

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marçal,

My understanding is that in Airwatch you add these apps in the catalog using New Catalog Item Wizard.

You may want to take a look at the following URL. When you run that Wizard in Airwatch, from the URL I referred to it appears you can actually define the icon  appearing in the catalog explicitly.

http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/appportal2015/Content/helplibrary/AP_CreateMobileItem.htm

keith_nunn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Marçal,

I'm not familiar with Airwatch but with Afaria, it's been seen previously where the icon seen on the device is not the same as the icon seen in the MDM application (Afaria).

With iOS applications, there are several icon values that can be changed in order to update the application icon depending on the device type. Multiple file names including various icon sizes are available for specification in the application configuration through XCode.

In some cases the file that the MDM application was checking was not the same as the one used by the device. So when the icons were updated with new files, only the ones used by the device were updated and not the one used by the MDM application.

In short, you would need to check with Airwatch support to determine exactly which icon is being used by their software for display in their application's app store and update that icon.

The other possibility is that the MDM application's database is storing an old icon file somewhere. You could theoretically test this by creating a new application entry in Airwatch and uploading the same file to see if the icon shows differently when uploaded as a new application.

Hope that helps!

Keith Nunn
SAP Product Support

SAP Canada

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Keith,

If Bill suggestion does not work I will follow your advice. It is true that the first time I deployed the app in Airwatch, I used the SAP icon that is still being displayed today, so it's possible that is cached somewhere. Also Airwatch support should let me know what file do they use if I ask.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marcal,

Based on older tickets tied to something similar, we have seen where the user had to transmit twice to get the design or style setting.  We are not sure if this is related.  We are not familiar with Airwatch so I cannot speak to that regards.

I am going to ping one of my colleague who did some work on MDM - Afaria.  Let me see if he can respond.

Regards,

SAP Mobile Support Team

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks, but it's nothing related to transmit, it's the icon shown when user is displaying the internal app store available applications before choosing which one to install. I think Bill is pointing to the right direction.