Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during the installation of IDES ECC 6 EHP 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

During the installation of ECC 6 with EHP 5 I received the below error :

ORA-16019 : Cannot use LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1 with LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST or LOG_ARCHIVE_DUPLEX_DEST disconnected.

Retry, VIew Log, Stop.

However, I was able to resolve the error message by following the below steps without closing the installation wizard :

1. Path c:\Oracle\SID\10204\database

2. Double click on initsid.ora and open with notepad

3. The initial value for LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST=C:\oracle\DEV\oraarch\DEVarch

4. I change the above value to LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST=''

5. Save the file and run the installation.

The SAP Application server has installed successfully without showing any other error messages.

But, the issue is when open my SAP MMC snap in and start the Application Server initially everything turns into green. The next second my Dispatcher+Work turns into Gray color and all my work process shows the status as ENDED,

0 DIA     1560 Ended         no      1   0        0                                                                         

1 DIA     1408 Ended         no      1   0        0                                                                         

2 DIA     1444 Ended         no      1   0        0                                                                         

3 DIA     1192 Ended         no      1   0        0                                                                         

4 DIA     1624 Ended         no      1   0        0                                                                         

5 DIA     1636 Ended         no      1   0        0                                                                         

6 DIA      548 Ended         no      1   0        0                                                                         

7 DIA      696 Ended         no      1   0        0                                                                         

8 DIA     1676 Ended         no      1   0        0                                                                         

9 DIA     1680 Ended         no      1   0        0                                                                         

10 UPD     1660 Ended         no      1   0        0                                                                         

11 ENQ     1656 Ended         no      1   0        0                                                                         

12 BTC     1620 Ended         no      1   0        0                                                                         

13 BTC     1652 Ended         no      1   0        0                                                                         

14 BTC     1948 Ended         no      1   0        0                                                                         

15 SPO     1792 Ended         no      1   0        0                                                                         

16 UP2     1796 Ended         no      1   0        0        

Do I have to change anything in the INITSID.ora, please help.

Thanking You.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Attach the following file here:

1. work process trace file dev_w0, dev_disp, dev_rd

2. Also review your alertSID.log file should be located /oracle/SID/saptrace/diag/rdbms/sid/SID/trace/alertSID.log

Before doing number 3 please attach the request logs here.

3. Do the following:

sqlplus "/as sysdba"

alter system set  log_archive_dest = null scope=spfile;

alter system set  log_archive_dest_1 = 'location=C:\oracle\DEV\oraarch\DEVarch' scope=spfile;

alter system set log_archive_dest='' scope=spfile;

shutdown;

startup;

Kind Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will provide the details required by you tomorrow, thanking you.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi,

Thank You my issue got resolved today.

My Dispatcher+Work turns into Gray color and all my work process shows the status as ENDED,

The resolution was to start the Listener Service.

Go to services.msc->OracleDEV102TNSListner->It was set to manual so I have changed to Automatic and started the service.

Now, the SAP MMC is turned into Green color and i am able to login from the SAP GUI.

Thanking You.

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is good I assume you saw a helpful entry in one of the trace files.

Have a nice week.

Kind Regards,

Johan

Answers (0)