SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Level Availability Control

gabriel_russo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on a client where several Company Codes share a single CO Area and FM Area.

Some of them want the availability control at one level and others want it at a lower level. Is it possible

to do this within a single FM Area? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have several AVC ledgers, where different AVC control object will be derived. In this way, you can assure different budgetary control, based on company code.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

In my experience, this problem was solved with the help of the analyst Fund Center. For each company used its own Fund Center and was therefore able to enter the budget with different aggregation for different companies

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have several AVC ledgers, where different AVC control object will be derived. In this way, you can assure different budgetary control, based on company code.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thanks Eli, the business model requires one Comp Cod - one CO area - one FM area. Is it posible to have a 2 different control objects assigned to 1 AVC ledgers under one comp code and one FM area only? That is: to have 2 derivation rules for 2 AVC objects but both assigned to ONE AVC ledger. I have never done it. It has been my understandiing that you can have one control objecct per comp code, which is not our case.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

By controlling object, I mean those of AVC ledger. The structure in your case is like this (correct me if I'm wrong): several company codes -> CO area -> FM area. Now, AVC ledgers are assigned to FM area (not to company code). If you want to keep same FM objects, i.e. fund centres, commitment items, etc., for your FM area, you don't have the option to use, say, FMDERIVE, deriving different FM assignment based on company code. Otherwise, it would have been easier solution.

However, if you keep the same FM assignments, you can still find a workaround. Choose an available FM assignment, which you don't use, say, functional area. Populate this assignment with 'company code'. Then, build several AVC ledgers, based on number of company codes, which have different budget control levels. Build a strategy of deriving AVC control object, based on the values you have in that FM assignment, which mean actually company codes. This way you will have different AVC control object based on company code. However, keep in mind that this setting is quite tricky and might require AVC BADIs implementation for more flexibility, as I imagine you would have some exceptions or data correlation.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply.

Our busines model is one company code only. one CO area and one FM area. We have configured a user (Z) AVC ledger. Derivation sets control on Funded Program object. Our funded program hierarchy begins with a 4 character code at the top level and a 16 character code at the lowest level. The client wants the control at the 6 character level of the funded program hierarchy. We don't have company codes (only one), but "user groups", each one with a set of funded program hierarchy (from the very top). The first 4 characters of all funded program dimensions are unique to each group of user. Some of them want the control level at the 6th character the funded program (level 3 in the hierrarchy) but others want it at the 8th character (level 4 in the hierarchy). Is it posible to have 2 derivation rules for the same control object (funded program) and for the same AVC ledger? I'm thinking one deriving based on the first 6 characters and another deriving based on the first 8 characters. We are able to exclude one from the other since the first 4 characters would tell us which rule should apply. Is it possible?

We are unable to test this requirement out by ourselves as we have not implemented yet all the configuration, but we need to know in order to make it part of the BBP or figure another solution.

Thanks for your help.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But you said "I'm working on a client where several Company Codes share a single CO Area"

In this case, I don''t understand your task. Which several levels of control do you want to have and why?

0 Kudos

Yes, my bad... I said several company codes and that's not correct. Is only one company code, one CO area and one FM area.

We want to place the object control in the AVC ledger at the Funded Program dimension:

The hierarchy goes:

01                    DEPARTAMENT

01.01               STRATEGIC GOAL

01.01.01  ---->   ACTIVITY   ----> AVControl

01.01.01.01      SUB-ACTIVITY

All postings (budget - actuals and commitments) are made at sub-activity level. 01.01.01.01 (lowest)

But through derivation of the control object we have set the control at ACTIVITY level in the AVC ledger (Z1 NOT 9H). We do that by taking the first 8 characters of the Funded Program in the posting address.

One departament (02) wants to have their AVC at the lowest level (02.01.01.01) which means that for them the derivation should take all 11 characters of the funded program instead of 8.

My question is:

Can I have a derivation rule for the control object in the AVC for funded programs starting with "01" that places the AVC at ACTIVITY level, and one derivation for funded programs starting with "02" placing the control at SUB-ACTIVITY level in the SAME AVC ledger (Z1)?

So far we have succesfully set the AVC at ACTIVITY level,

Sorry again for the "several" mistake.

Thanks.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have just one company code, then I don't see any issue. You are free to derive your control objects in whatever way you please. If you have just one level of budget control, then I'd suggest using budget structure with budget address derivation rather than using AVC strategy. AVC strategy makes sense only if you want to control same transaction on two or more different levels (which is quite unusual).

0 Kudos

You say "AVC strategy makes sense only if you want to control same transaction on two or more different levels (which is quite unusual).". I beleive that is exactly our case, we need two different AVC rules for the same transaction. What we wonder is if we can have more than one rule deriving the AVC object in the strategy.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to make two AVC ledgers for this. Each ledger will have their own derivation strategy and their own AVC control objects.

0 Kudos

Thank you, that's the answer I was looking for. I knew if was not possible but I wasn't sure as I never had this requirement before.

Thanks again.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

We activated business function PSM_FM_BCS_AVC and yet, we still can't see the function to read the grant table listed in the available functions for AVC derivation rules. What are we missing?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check note 2081733 - Grant is not allowed as input for deriving the control object