Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap Receiver side URL

former_member237514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got one new requirement like we need to create the soap url for target side, for example( file-soap)

Actually client need to give url link for posting the data but here client is unable to give the URL and they are telling we need to provide the url.

Is there any possibility for creating URL .

Kindly help on this

Thanks

Kavitha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

It has not sense that you give a PI URL for receiver SOAP. If you want to publish a URL, you should change your scenario and provide a scenario with SOAP sender (Publishing Service Definitions Using the Services Registry - Discovering services in the Services Re...) that they will have to connect to retrieve the information, doing they the polling.

The only thing is that your scenario must be sync, then you will need a receiver, a proxy or RFC that it gives a response.

Regards,

former_member237514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks for reply,

I have idea about creating url when the soap is sender side ,but here soap is receiver side .

correct me if i am wrong ,based on above messages we cant generate SOAP Receiver URL using PI.

unless until if the give target URL from client side to us.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kavitha,

You can generate SOAP URI for sender side where third party can send message to PI.

But at receiver why to generate endpoint as you will be sending message out of PI to third party so they should provide you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sateesh437
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kavitha,

You can get the URL from WSDL, did they shared any WSDL with you??

Regards,

Sateesh.

former_member237514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sateesh,

I have idea in that in WSDL we can get URL ,but they didn't share any thing.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kavitha,

Post clearly what is the requirment?.

former_member237514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I have scenario like IDOC-SOAP,here I need soap url right for post the data,but client unable to provide the URL,just they give xml structure for what are all fields required in target side that's it ,they didn't give any WSDL,if the give WSDL I can pick the URL in WSDL it self.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

Imagine that you will go to send me a letter but i have not postal address and i say you "give me your postal address to receive my letter", this has no sense or i don't understand you right.

If they can't publish an URL to let you to connect PI, you have the option to provide a PI URL that they have to connect (with XSD/XML that they want, of course), with this i mean they must initiate the connecting asking "is there something for me?", they have to do a poll to a PI SOAP sender channel, forget to provide an URL in receiver channel.

Regards.

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

I doubt this is possible. I guess you have to connect with the Target system(team) and explain them that in order to consume there service we need a URL and action(optional).

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kavitha,

WSDL is fine,But endpoint is mandatory.

Guess Inaki gave more clear infy on this.

former_member237514
Participant
0 Kudos

Any suggestions ??

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

Its clients system so they need to provide the details/url. how can source system provide the target details.

you can only suggest the url for example

http://host:port/operationname

regards,

Harish

former_member237514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for reply ,yes ur right.

Even i checked with some other they are saying using NWDS is possible to generate url ,i am nt sure is it correct or not