Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Other tables in SLT Transformation

wtran
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to reference/perform joins to other tables when performing a SLT table load. I think I'm aware of the below scenarios, but hoping to see if there are other ways to do it:

1. Use ABAP to reference other tables
  2. Create a table in the sender system with the references in place already
  3. Bring the tables as is over to the target system and perform the references in the target system (either directly or via a view)

To provide some details on my specific scenario:

I'm working on migrating tables from ECC to S/4 HANA using SLT. We have a requirement where we want to bring in data from joining 2 tables (sender system) into 1 table (target system).

Thanks for any help!

Walter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main question I have is, Is there 1 master table that drives the changes?  Put another way, do you need triggers only on 1 of the tables.  Or would a change in any of the tables necessitate pushing the change over to your target system.

Assuming the answer is you need changes from both tables to send a change over...

I've never done this before, but you could turn on SLT for both tables. 

Create a view in ECC that joins the 2 tables together.

But then in in LTRS  change the target table name to table1_table2  (You can call it whatever you want).  

In LTRS set the Structure Template to your ECC View.

Set the View for Initial Load and View for Replication  to your ECC View.

Change Refresh Behavior to No Action.  (this only needs to be done on one.

Then do the same thing above for the other table in your view.

Then start the replication for both tables.

Once the tables show up under the "Data Transfer Monitor" tab in LTRC,  click the Change Pencil button.  Change the Transfer Behavior to 3.  What this does is update a record even if the Operation Flag is Insert.  Since you have SLT running for 2 tables, you will often have situations during the initial load where the record already exists.     You MIGHT get away with this if you left the Refresh Behavior as Default.  But I'm not certain whether it would work or not.

Anyway, it's something to try.