cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass conversion of Production Orders in batch job in SAP APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a requirement to convert the planned order to production orders in SAP APO system. We are using the program /SAPAPO/RRP_ORDER_CONVERSION as batch to do the mass conversion. Planned orders are converting to Production orders( to release status) when all components are available there is no issue in this scenario. But when the components are having missing parts, conversion is not happening and we are seeing the log in the background "Order & was not converted because of missing parts".

Business needs these planned orders to be converted to production orders in created status even though we see this error. when I did the debug in the program I have found the spot where it is issuing the error but I am not finding any BADI's or user-exits to overcome this issue when it is running in background. We have no issues when running in foreground only the issue in background when the user select to Transfer or convert on selection-screen.

Please let me know the solution if anybody came across this issue.

Thanks,
Satheesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satheesh,

Alternately, you can just select a conversion profile that does not check ATP.  SAP standard profile SAP999 will do this. This can be set in the product Master PP/DS Tab 'Conversion Rule'.  Or, you can default this rule in PP/DS Global Settings configuration.

You will also have to ensure that your ECC config allows creation of a production order without having to pass an ATP check.  Make sure this is possible before you do anything in SCM.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Satheesh,

With the /SAPAPO/RRP_ORD_CONV Business Add-In (BAdI), you can implement checks that check

with an order can be converted, according to customer-specific criteria.

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AK,

I did tried that BADI. BADI /SAPAPO/RRP_ORD_CONV~ rrp_precheck_ord_conv   is triggering before ATP check and /SAPAPO/RRP_ORD_CONV~ rrp_check_ord_conv   is triggering after ATP check.

As I have explained above when planned order passed the ATP check which is having full stock with all components its posting the production order in Released status. This is good.

But the planned order which doesn't passed the ATP check due to missing components need to be post the production order in CREATED status. This is not working due to after ATP check the function module /SAPAPO/RRP_PLORDER_CHECK_ATP is returning error due to missing components in the planned order. Business needs this scenario need to be production order posted in CREATED status.

Thanks,
Satheesh