Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Password Self Service question

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I read lot of SDN threads on the topic of GRC PSS but I was looking for PSS capability like a password manager where user can enter his/her New Password and confirm password then Password manager will reset the passwords in backend systems with setting password to a productive password rather than initial password. So, user doesn't have to enter initial password then new password again while login to SAP system.

Is this possible with GRC PSS ?

GRC 10.0 SP 13

Components: Access Controls

EAM/ARA and ARQ (only firefighter)

Regards,

Salman

4 REPLIES 4

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Salman Khan,

Since the users are dialog user and the basic attribute of a dialog user is when he logs in for the first time he will be prompted with a change of password, I am afraid to say its not possible directly to have a productive password.

Regards,

Rakesh Ram M

0 Kudos

Rakesh Ram wrote:

Hello Salman Khan,

Since the users are dialog user and the basic attribute of a dialog user is when he logs in for the first time he will be prompted with a change of password, I am afraid to say its not possible directly to have a productive password.

Regards,

Rakesh Ram M

Sorry to disagree, but I assure you, Salman, that it is entirely possible to have a productive password provisioned to SAP clients. When our users reset their network passwords, our Identity Management system synchronizes that password to the SAP clients (and to other applications), and the users are *not* prompted to reset, as long as they have not reused a recent password and as long as they have met the password complexity requirements. In this way, the users have the same password for the network and for all the SAP clients where they have an account. I don't know if GRC can do that, since we do not use its password reset functionality.

Gretchen

0 Kudos

thanks for your inputs.

I know it is possible through third party password manager tools. In my opinion, it's a great feature if it is available in GRC. I'll keep the thread open for few days to collect some more suggestions.

Regards,

Salman

0 Kudos

Hello Salman,

Please refer Disable Initial Password Reset. | SCN

which suggest that its possible with very high risk and not advisable,

This is good  approach to change initial password.

Hope this information helps you.

Regards,

Prasant