Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Monitoring

Varamanoj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to monitor batch jobs in Solution manager without setting up the Business process, found that there are two ways of doing the same.

1. CCMS batch controlling

2. Techinical Monitoring -> Job Monitoring.

However I would like to know what are the pros and cons of these two approaches and what is the best practice.

Best Regards

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

benu_mariantony2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

I am Benu working in the Development Team of SAP Solution Manager Applications Operations.

For Job Monitoring there are certain prerequisites to be met. Please follow the below instructions,

1. In Managed System, the ST-PI has to be in the latest version. Also make sure the notes are implemented. Please refer the below blog to know more about the notes to be implemented in both Managed as well as in Solution Manager system.

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2015/06/05/job-monitoring--note...

2. Configuration Error - Change the Start Procedure to "use job start condition" in the step 5.1 - Generate and activate the MO again

This would solve the problem

Regards,

Benu

Varamanoj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar, Thanks for the update.. I preferred and used MAI architecture... and configured my Job monitoring however I am not getting any mail alerts when managed Job is getting cancelled in the managed system..

Can you help me in troubleshooting the same.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

After you make notification changes, you have re-activate the monitoring objects

have you done that?

Thanks

Prakhar

Varamanoj
Participant
0 Kudos

I did activated the monitoring objects.. still on Job cancellation there is no mail triggered.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you see email to be sent or pending to be sent in sost

is SCOT already working...have you checked manual email notification is working

Varamanoj
Participant
0 Kudos

I dont see any mail generated or waiting in SOST..

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

did you check below notes

2124510 - Job Monitornig - SP10 - The incident and Notification settings are not saved for Job Monitoring

2038510 - Job Monitoring: Email Notification Issue - Autonotification emails are not sent to the desired recipients

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Prakhar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

there are only 2 base technologies here CCMS or MAI

If you don't want BPM then best option in MAI based or Unified Job Monitoring only for jobs

CCMS is outdated and will be completely discarded in solman 7.2 so don't go for it.

you can check more documentation on Unified job mon here

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000012372014E/Job_Monitoring_Setup_Guide.pdf

Job_Monitoring_Wiki - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Job Monitoring in Technical Monitoring Work Center - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

this should help

Thanks

Prakhar