cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating with Web-service through SAP PI

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a program which uses WSDL webservice(for this i have created logical port) and also XML RPC. I need to transport this to the customers system. But i have few question on this as follows:

1. The target system to which we want to transport doesn't have internet connection, but it is connected to SAP PI which has internet connection. Will this program work by communicating through SAP PI?

2. As we cant transport the logical ports, on which system do we need to create the logical port? on target system or SAP PI?

Please share any information on this this if you know.

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am not sure that i fully understand your scenario here...But i guess it looks like this:

WebService client --> PI --> Target system without internet connection

This is the setup, right?

In this case the web service client program needs to address the PI system (for example the sender SOAP adapter). Than in PI you will need to create a configuration to handle this request and to forward it to the receveir system.

Best Regards,

Viktor

0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Lazar,

The setup you understood is almost right.

WebService (http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/) <--> PI <--> Target SAP system without internet connection.

Can you please let me know how to handle this situation?

Thanks & regards,

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in think in this case you might setup the following scenario:

Webservice -> SOAP sender Adapter -> PI runtime -> Receiver Adapter -> Target System

For the sender channel you might use AXIS adapter also if the data from the Webservice needs to be pulled. Please read this documentation:

On the receiver side if you need to connect to the target SAP system the easiest way is to use XI or SOAP adapter and so the proxy communication.

Best Regards,

Viktor

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ABAP,

What is your target?is that a webservice?

0 Kudos

Hallo Sritharan,

Its an SAP system.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ABAP.

Then you can connect using RFC/Proxy/IDOC and push the data via SAP PI.

0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Sritharan,

Setup:

WebService (http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/) <--> SAP PI <--> Target SAP system without internet connection.

For example in SAP system to communicate with the web service, a logical port will be created. So now in the above mentioned setup, do i need to create a logical port in SAP PI and use it in the target SAP system?

Thanks & regard.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello..

you can call me Raghu.

Is it like you wish to pull the data or WS will be pushing the data?

In case of pulling you can try with SOAP(Axis)as Vector mentioned or you can use rest adapter with polling mechanism.

If WS can push the data normal soap adapter should work.

without Internet I didnt undertand that point?they are in any network to push the data?