cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when logging on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a very strange problem since a couple of days. Yesterday I opened as usual my SAP Logon. The program started regularly.

Then I double click on the connection that I always use, then it appeared the small window saying "connecting to ECP please wait"...but then nothing happened. I waited for a very long time but nothing happened.

What can be the problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude has a good point.  It may very well be related to network.  Utilizing a different PC may work if it is an issue specific to the one PC.  Otherwise it may be from your ISP or subnet. You may have a bad network cable or card.  Check your cable connection as well.  

If you are not blocking telnet are you able to connect to the target source using a host name or IP address with the designated port?.

Do you know of any changes happening to the backend?  Like a hardware change that could cause a new IP address.  Try flushing you DNS.

Cheers,

Dan Mead      

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

no changes have been made in the last days and for this reason I don't thinks is a problem with the network, but it seems more like something concerning some possible corrupted file.

However, before having this kind of problem I also had another very strange issue happening. In fact if I was connected to my internal router through the wifi connection of my laptop everything went good. But if I connected my pc using a wired lan, then the logon couldn't be made because I received the message: partner ... not reached. WSAWOULDBLOCK: Resource temporarily unavailable...

Now, instead the problem is that also when I am on the wifi doesn't work the logon.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

What version of the SAP GUI for Windows are you running?  You should be running SAP GUI 7.40 patch level 8  to rule out any issues resolved by patches.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

My version is 7.40 patch level 8...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I ping to the target source I succeed.

I have tried it also from another PC that is on my same network and the problem is the same...But when I connect using a Mac (and Sap for Java) that is located on my same network, everything works fine.

The problem is that when I double click on the logon ...nothing happens...apart a windows saying that is trying to connect...

Thanks all for the help!

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you tried running a niping trace as per note 500235

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/500235?

This will help diagnose your network. It could be a firewall or network issue at play here.

Regards

Jude

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

This would appear to be a network issue.

Have you tried a different user/workstation/pc?

Are you using wifi, or wired connection?

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.