cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Standalone Gateway configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am currently stuck on something and I would realy appreciate some help.

In distributed system I want to be able to use db13. I have CI adn DI on one host, and on second host I have Oracle database installed. OS iz Windows server 2012R2 on all hosts. On database host, i installed SAP Standalone Gateway, using SWPM. Now I have to configure Gateway, but I am not sure which way to go.

I installed gateway with SID: GTW.

SID of my SAP system iz QAI.

Should I run gateway with qaidm user or with gtwadm user?

What aditional files should I copy in E:\usr\sap\GTW\SYS\exe\nuc\NTAMD64? I already copied dbatools and sapxpg.

Do I need to setup some aditional environment variables?

I searched sap notes and I found some manual, but manual is for HA scenario, and it ist very confusing.

in sm59 in SAPXPG_DBDEST_<dbhost>

setings are as follows:

Thanks for help in advance,

Zeljko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Zeljko,

I think SAP note 1025707  is helping us here. Have you checked it?

The standalone gateway should be running via gateway user.

Best regards,
James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I checked that note,

but the note says that gateway should be running via SAPService<SID> user, where the SID is sid of SAP system, not the gateway?

I managed to establish gateway. Problem was in gateway ACL, and also the environment variables. I started gateway using <SID>ADM user, and using his environment variables, and db13 is working fine now.

Thank you,

Zeljko

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Zeljko,

SAPService<SID> is the processes user for windows,  but SAPService<SID> is not a log on user.

So I assume if you are starting gateway via <sid>adm, then the process owner could be SAPService<SID>  in fact.

Best regards,
James