cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to export Data to excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leads

I am trying to extract report from MII UI dashboard based on input parameters. After running report and extracting to excel, records are not fully getting exported. While running same query in database for extracting report it is giving all records.

Number of records in database 182660

Records exported to Excel 120001

Is there any limitation of excel to export certain number of records? Is there any work around for resolving the issue?

I am using below mentioned url to extract report to excel:

url =servername +"Illuminator?queryTemplate=QUALITY/QUA_I/QUERIES/SelectFilteredFromConfigurationList&Param.5="+escape(wherePart).replace(/\+/g,'%2B')+"&OutputParameter=ID_LIST&Content-Type=text/csv";

window.open(url);

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy/Ria

I tried to add filter to the URL but still data is greater the 120K+ rows.

Shall I raise Incident with SAP to get the solution or is there any other way out I can try?

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

So I assume changing the Max Row Count in System Properties didn't help.. right..?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria

I am not able to find screen where I change that value. Might be I dont have access to it. Can you  please guide me with  path?

I am using SAP MII 12.1 SP11.

Will it be done by BASIS team?

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

This configuration is not available until MII 14.0

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ria

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would appear that the data server connection limit of 120k records is capping your resultset.  I doubt you have any issues with the query template, or anything to do with Excel.  I believe it is enforced as a safety limit to avoid unlimited data requests from consuming all of the java heap memory.

Perhaps you can consider chunking the data into more manageable datasets and refining the results before sending it to excel.

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Could it be something to do with the "Max Row Count" configuration in System Properties which has a default value of 120K.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria

Could you please tell me where I can find "Max Row Count" configuration in System Properties?

Thanks and Regards

Rohit

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Please refer to the below screen shot from MII 15.0 SP07.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ria

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the screenshot Ria - I haven't been active with MII for quite some time, but the number range was quite familiar from the past.  It would appear that this is now a configurable property, but personally would question the design criteria for expanding it to anything excessively larger.  Browser/client memory, server memory all come into play, not to mention the database hit for returning excessive datasets back (no abort/cancel once the request is triggered).  If the purpose of extracting 182k+ rows into Excel is for the user to filter after the fact, then why not add the filter criteria into the request page/URL and not return these records in the first place...but of course I am only speculating here, and the 120k number triggered a recall from my memory banks

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

That's a good point indeed..! Awesome memory btw.. tocuhwood..!

@Rohit, you could check whether you could use Jeremy's suggestion of adding a filter criteria to the request url.

Best Regards,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria/Jeremy

Thank you for the help.

I will try adding some filter criteria in url and let you know the result

Thanks and Regards

Rohit Grover