cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales districts at sales order item level but no invoice split..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario where we need to give different sales districts at sales order line item level.

But if we give different sales districts for different items in SO, the invoice split is happening as per the standard.

We want single invoice as per the business requirement.

We thought of going for creation of new routine where sales districts from SO should not get copied into the billing header (VBRK - BZIRK) so that we can prevent invoice split in this case.

Hope the solution we are approaching is correct and let me know if there is any other flexible solution for the same.

Thanks,

Pavan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The whole point of copying this information is so that you can track your sales / revenue by this field. If you don't need it then why even put anything there? This requirement defeats the whole purpose of entering any data in this field... Just put this information elsewhere and use BZIRK only as mother nature SAP intended.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Jelena,

We are still investigating for the solution. Do you have any ideas/suggestions on this to achieve this functionality??

Thanks,

Pavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ramesh,

Just create a invoice split routine by copying 001/007.

and put code CLEAR VBRK/VBRP- BZIRK then system combine all invoice in to one.

Regards,

Sameer Singh

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh Avvaru wrote:

Do you have any ideas/suggestions on this to achieve this functionality??

I've just explained that what you are trying to achieve makes no sense and added an alternative suggestion, so what else is expected?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

I have gone through the above post and i want to know what exactly you are suggesting??

" Just put this information elsewhere and use BZIRK only as mother nature SAP intended."

Can you please explain in detail?? We are also looking for same functionality.

Thanks,

Pavan Kolla.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The real question to ask here is: what are you doing with the information in BZIRK field?

I'm not sure why SAP decided to put BZIRK in the invoice header (VBRK) while it can be at the line item in the order. But it is what it is (maybe they'll fix it in S/4HANA?). Having this field in VBRK allows us to use it in the whole bunch of places. VF05, LIS, standard BW extractors, queries just from the top of my head. E.g. you can run the reports to see how much revenue each sales district brought and such. If you break this connection by cleaning the field in the copy routine then you will no longer have any of these abilities.

This may not seem important today, but maybe tomorrow the situation changes. At that point it would be difficult to get the lost historic data.

If OP is considering losing this information then I guess it is actually not important to have it. In such case the obvious question is - does it have to be in this field then? If it does not go farther than the sales order then why not simply put the same information in another field, which won't cause an invoice split. Which field - is up to you to decide. If it comes from the material master, maybe use one of those material groups? Or even add a custom field.