Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategy to remove child business roles from business role

Chenyang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

This is IdM7.2 sp10 patch14. We are having issue for business role re-structure. Please advice the best way to do it.

Say there is a business role has 60 child business roles and is assigned to only 1 user. I am trying to remove 15 child business roles. UI task always times out. When I do it in the backend, it times out every 5 minutes and get restarted automatically. I understand I can setup the job as bootstrap and won't timeout. But I am not sure this is the right way. I also noticed that the database generates more than 40G DB logs because of this operation and it triggers the monitoring alert for Basis.

My question is how we can efficiently remove the child business roles?

Thanks for your advice

Chenyang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if there are really 40GB of logs produced by this, I do not really believe in only "1 user, 15 businessroles to be removed"

This looks like a pretty big procedure. Might be the case that the Dispatcher is running out of memory

Suggestion 1: Do it in smaller chunks. Only remove one role at a time and do not do it via the UI but the Management console

Suggestion 2: There are specific Dispatcher Options you can set to increase heap size Memory. By using a Job in the management console you can make sure this Dispatcher is executing the procedure.

-Xmx4096M for example sets the heapsize up to 4GB for one Dispatcher. For further Information you can check SAP note 1347301.

Probably makes sense to combine the two suggestions though.

Regards

Tobias

Chenyang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the suggestion. It is true the parent role is assigned to 1 user only.

We did try to remove 1 child role at a time, it takes around 2 minutes to complete.

We already have a separate dispatcher which has a large heapsize. I will try the solution 2 and update the post.

Thanks,

Chenyang

Chenyang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Redo the test with a dispatcher with large heapsize.

The time is reduced by 10 -20 seconds, which is not significant.