Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter sync-async bridge without wait for async response

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I have a requirement to produce a variation of standard sync-async bridge using adapter modules. The difference is that I need to close synchronous part of the bridge without waiting the async response from receiver system.

As my skills in adapter modules development are not good enough I need your advises and assistanse in understanding if this requirement can be achieved technically and if so what would be the basic steps for this scheme realization.

For example, for synchronous SOAP sender adapter it could look like this:

1. CloneMessageBean (for saving the copy of request message) ?

2. RequestOneWayBean (change to async)

3. CallSAPAdapter (process of async message by Adapter Engine)

4. WaitResponseBean (wait for response message)

5. [Some user module or maybe standard MessageTransformBean] (for building technical response message using copy of request message, with corellation to request message id)

6. NotifyResponseBean (with previously created message).

Any ideas?

Regards, Evgeniy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Evgeniy,

Am trying to understand the requirement here.

Your's is a Sync-Asynch Bridge which means you trigger is a Synchronous Call. If you want to close this without waiting for response from Asynch Receiver, what is the response you would like to send back? Is it just a HTTP 200 Ok or the response expects a payload? If there is a payload expected, what will this payload be and how will you get the same?

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh!

I want to try implementing the scheme which is currently being used in our ccBPM scenarios where it receives the synchronous call to abstract sync interface, some kind of "technical" response is prepared for sender system, say, the count of documents in request message and synchronous interface is closed with this response. And after that Integration process send message asynchronously to async receiver without having to get any response from it.

Regards, Evgeniy.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, the question now makes sense, but havent worked on the CloneMessageBean and hence will watch this thread, see if I get some ideas!

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for paying your attention on this, Bhavesh!

I just thought if I could go the same way as the pair of CloneMessageBean and SendAckBean work but could't realize the right way of implementing that.

Just thought it would be the very useful approach ☺.

Regards, Evgeniy.