cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal Change TR import based on the action profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am facing issue for normal change where the TR or TOC import should be merged with action profile, i knew it happened based on the task list where we need BASIS person or IT operator do it manually.

But i in need of import of Transport of copies should be done when i passing action " pass normal change to test" which should release and import into QA system automatically ,when i say successsfully tested orginial TR should be release and imported to QA system.

I am using the import stargey as " import by status of selected"  for the QA it will be imported with status E0009 and prd with E0016 for normal changes.

I had used the batch job "/TMWFLOW/SCHEDULE_IMPORT" which is not working.

But when i go SCMA and do import " /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT" it moved the TOC to QA system.

My basic intention not go for scma in normal change, can any one help on this issue.

Regards

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Yes, sometimes I had encountered the same issue.

Please find below note

1897163 - How to configure periodic import jobs in Change Request Management

Go for option 2 for this note.

It will tell you step by step.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

I had gone through this note already but i still not clear

I am running with  DEV, QA,PREPRD and PRD as per the note we can schedule the  job only in QA rite ,what auto import import into PREPRD and PRD systems.

Even in option 2  when i try to schedule the job with domain controller (SOLMAN my case for the ECC ) its giving error still the import into PREPRD and PRD not possible

I am not using the import all stragery i need to go by status based import.

Regards

John

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

Let me reiterate the strategy you can follow.

1. DEV->QA->Preprod->PRD

To be tested:- TOC will go to qa, and then you can have the status for same.

Successfully Tested in QA:- you will release your main transport and it should be autoimported to QA or Preprod, and it will be pushed to import queue of production.

Integration/Regression test :- you will be testing in preprod and see if it is working fine, if yes you will do authorize for import, if not, create a new status called back to in development.

In this process you can schedule the import jobs in your qa and preprod systems. You need not to schedule these jobs from solman.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

Thanks for the details.

Can you help how make status change automatically once the TR import in production using the batch job.

I had made condition when the status is "authorized for import" the job should try to import TR into PRD and again it check for project stat "Go-Live"

When Change Document is in Authorized to PRD and Project Status in  Go-Live then the TR is importing to PRD successfully but after the TR's of CD got imported into PRD the status is not moving to Imported to Prd.

Can you help me with steps to make it automated.

Regards

John

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello John,

You need to schedule jobs in Quality and Production system. Can you please let me know which issue you are facing while scheduling jobs.

Also for normal change, i will suggest you to go through task list for Production Movement.(it should be weekely/monthly/specific schedule). For quality imports, you can setup jobs on regular basis.

Thanks

Gaurav Patel