cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security at Lumira Desktop document level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I was working on a Lumira document the business wants some security imposed based on process area, lets say OTC users would want to see OTC data and other data should be restricted. I see this is not possible from BIP - CMC tool, How do I achieve this from Lumira desktop document. I checked to see if there is any help but couldn't find much below are a couple links I tried

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer to this link to what is possible from Lumira desktop and server side,

https://apps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/public/en/0002220965

We can set up authorization to the data source, but the role/area level data restriction is applied within the specific source itself.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I checked this already Varun it just talks about sso, urls and dataset/share rights. I am looking for some help on authorization and role/area level data restriction within the HANA source itself.

Please provide any links

Thanks,

Krishna

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to find lot of blogs from SCN itself, like

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much Varun, I have however one other question:

From a business user standpoint can you explain what are all the various benefits Lumira can offer

- Business user wants to be able to create or customize the lumira visualization on their own, is this possible in Lumira, if so How?

The environment I have is:

SQL server, Informatica ETL, Universe/IDT, Derived tables, and Lumira

I was checking a few links on self service Lumira and found ASUG link

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiIz5num63N...

This is only a powerpoint and didnt cover much details,

it would be nice if you can share me with any links on self service Lumira so I can test the functionality

Thanks,

Kris

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Lumira is predominantly a self service tool for data visualization and is meant even for the business users. The question you ask has multiple sub questions, so please refer to . I have explained the high level overview of the tool.

Also refer to the links on the comment section for more detailed steps. Especially which shows how easy it is for business users to create visualizations with drag drop functionality.

If you have any further question, please start a new thread. This would make it easier for other users to search the forum.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Varun I will start a new thread as I would like to know say how a business analyst would work on a storyboard in production, like a live scenario with steps it would be very helpful if you can provide that.

I checked your links they indeed are very informative but again they help me in understanding the concept/basics

Thanks again

Kris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

As you can see in the links you mentioned, the authorizations would be at the functionality of the tool like providing them view, comment, edit access, scheduling, etc.

But the data level authorization is defined at the underlying data source. The restricted data is then consumed into the tool.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Appreciate your comment, I would like to know how it is done at HANA database level as it relates to Lumira stories.

Scenario: If user A with access to all departments creates dataset and story and shares it with other users, but user B should be able to see data only as per his access (his own department). How to implement this row level security for the published content?

Thanks, Kris

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Row level security is implemented at the data source level and you would need to post it in the specific forum,

Once the administrative set up is done at the backend, user A would just need to refresh the data. Then when user B logs in to the BI platform, he can see storyboards only with his data.

Thank you,

Varun Anand