cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Error when integration with Boomi

0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are implementing EC replication and we have manage to stablish the connection between the following environments:

EC <-> Boomi <-> SAP PI <-> SAP HCM

We can now send an employee and receive back the communication message.

However although in Boomi all looks fine, in PI there is a message being received as per the image: "Premature end of file".

In Boomi, I can only see the following warning as I do not see anything else being send back....

Since this is a package integration, does anyone knows at this error means?

Could this be the route cause?

Many thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Helder Rodrigues

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Surely:  SAP Note: 2027336

Thanks and regards

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank You for this note. This note has helped me understand another issue I was having with SOAP Axis

Regards,

Bhavesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

We found a SAP Note for SAP PI whenever this behaviour happens.

Let see if this solves the problem.

Regards

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you share the note number?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • As per the payload this seems to be the confirmation of Employee Replication. The error you find is in a PI SOAP Sender or a SOAP Receiver Adapter?
  • Were you able to check if this message exists in SXMB_MONI or in PI Monitoring?
  • If yes, can you check at which step this message fails?
  • Can you share the audit log of this message?

Regards

Bhavesh

0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks you so much for your reply.

Indeed it is the employee confirmation.

I will check your questions and get back!

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Please consider the answers:

- The error is in a PI SOAP Sender or a SOAP Receiver Adapter?

EC_Confirmation SOAP Receiver Adapter

- Does message exists in SXMB_MONI or in PI Monitoring?

Yes, the message exist in SXMB_MONI and runtime workbench and fails at the last step when delivering the EC Confirmation message to Boomi.

For audit is it Boomi or PI?

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I got the log.

Looks like it is at the end:

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is at sender channel right?

the request is not correct,Please check the input payload.

And did you try with SOAP UI?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perfect this is beginning to make sense.

So what is happening is the request goes from PI to boomi and then boomi returns a response.

The error makes me say that the response from Boomi is not a xml and possibly is something the adapter is unable to.process.. non xml Payload.

Can you check.on Boomi side what response Boomi sends?

If nothing is shown there, do you have the provision to set up a TCP gateway so you can intercept the response and see the same? Search on scn for how to use a TCP gateway for soap adapter.

What version of PI are you on? If one of the later versions there are other means to see the raw http request and response..Best though would be if you can see what happens in Boomi and why the message fails in Boomi..this failure in boomi is propogated back to PI and is causing the issue.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raghu, he has clearly mentioned that the channel.is a receiver soap adapter and also the logs show the same. Why confuse again with soap sender and soap ui?

0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thank you for your reply!

I will try to follow up your questions.

Just an additional point. In Boomi, as per my first post there are no errors visible. The process is finished successfully and I can only see one warning message.

The xml is above in previous post, but as the page was converting it I took out the < signal

It looks fine in XML:

We are in the latest version where Axis framework has been installed as well.

0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

From SOAP UI looks ok:

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Helder,

Is it fair to say that the SOAP UI test from SOAP UI to Boomi is returning a HTML response that you have just provided? If yes - Can you check the entire RAW Response in SOAP UI? Does it contain the SOAP Envelope?

What I think is happening is -

- Boomi is not returing a SOAP Response back to PI ( As seen in SOAP UI ). A SOAP Response will typically contain a SOAP Envelope with a SOAP Header and SOAP Payload as you can see in your request message.

- PI SOAP Adapter strictly expects a SOAP Envelope in its response and is behaving as expected with the error message it is throwing.

You would need to check why Boomi is returning this reponse ( HTML ) rather than SOAP Response..

Regards

Bhavesh

0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Just to make sure that we are in the same page, the SOAP UI test was to SAP PI.

From what you said and from what I can see this might be the topic:

- We send the employee data to SAP (all goes fine)

- SAP sends back the response (all goes fine)

- Boomi processes the response (all goes fine)

- Boomi does the update in Employee Central (all ok)

- Boomi sends the xml feed above to SAP PI (exit file ok, but error when SAP PI is processing it)

Does it make sense to you?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Helder,

Check the XML coming to PI,

I guess your receiving an empty XML from Dell Boomi.

0 Kudos

Hi Raghuramanm,

Thanks for your reply.

If I look for the documents' browser both of them look fine to me.

One is the communication to SF and the other I assume the response back, but format wise looks good to me.

soapenv:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">  soapenv:Body>      n0:EmployeeMasterDataReplicationConfirmation xmlns:soap-env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:prx="urn:sap.com:proxy:D19:/1SAI/TAS2971AA2BB2742AD1340A:750" xmlns:n0="http://sap.com/xi/PASEIN">        MessageHeader>            ReferenceID>ea98765a5f8646469adb6c70b57109f9            CreationDateTime>2016-06-14T13:59:20.588744Z            SenderBusinessSystemID>D19CL200        /MessageHeader>        EmplMasterDataReplConf>            Employee>              EmployeeID>10790              ReplicationTargetSystem>D19CL200              ReplicationUpdateStatusCode>4              ReplicationProcessingDateTime>2016-06-14T13:59:20.495Z              ReplicationStartedDateTime>2016-06-14T13:59:04Z              ReplicationContentTypeCode>1            /Employee>        /EmplMasterDataReplConf>      /n0:EmployeeMasterDataReplicationConfirmation>  /soapenv:Body>/soapenv:Envelope>

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Helder,

Can you take this paylaod and see in mapping if the XML structue is fine.

Your using SOAP- SOAP Scenario right ?

0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

That is the issue, this is the file produced inside Boomi as output, I cannot check what is being done internally as we are using packaged integrations and when we try to check in inside, we don't have authorization.

We are using Webservice to connect with PI, but SOAP/Odata to EC.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Helder,

Got it.

Doesn't have much knowledege in Dell Bhoomi,

Lets wait for other experts to assist.

But one point the Dell bhoomi consultant cant get you the exact payload being sent?

And before sending from Dell Bhoomi can you check with SOAP UI if the request is reaching PI properly.

0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Well in fact this is the Dell Boomi payload.

I can indeed check if this works with SOAP UI.

Regards

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure Helder.Try with SOAP UI.

And check if the below link helps