cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: csEX loading business layer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting below java exception when trying to load a local business layer. I am using BI 4.1 SP3.

RelationalBusinessLayer businessLayer = (RelationalBusinessLayer) servicel.load(path);

Stack Trace

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: csEX

at com.businessobjects.connectionserver.ConnectionServer.getInstance(ConnectionServer.java:165)

at com.businessobjects.connectionserver.ConnectionServer.getInstance(ConnectionServer.java:100)

at com.businessobjects.mds.services.relational.CsService.<init>(CsService.java:359)

at com.businessobjects.mds.services.solver.AbstractConnectionSolver.getCSService(AbstractConnectionSolver.java:180)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.authoring.connection.internal.services.ConnectionFactoryImpl.createRelationalConnection(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:38)

at com.ericsson.universe.util.Main.<init>(Main.java:46)

at com.ericsson.universe.util.Main.main(Main.java:96)

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: csEX

at com.businessobjects.connectionserver.ConnectionServer.getImplementation(ConnectionServer.java:432)

at com.businessobjects.connectionserver.ConnectionServer.getInstance(ConnectionServer.java:132)

... 6 more

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Verify that you have added the following argument to the Java Virtual Machine

-Dbusinessobjects.connectivity.directory="D:\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer"

Refer to the developers guide section Troubleshooting the BI Semantic Layer from the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelpiis_sbo41sl-sdk/frameset.htm

For any queries related to SDKs, pleae post your queries to

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithvi

I was able to resolve the this error by setting the VM arguments correctly. I noticed I was not pointing to the correct directory path. Thanks for pointing that out

Do you know where I can find samples related to Semantic layer SDKs. I searched through the forum documents, however was not able to find much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find the samples in your installation directory.

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Business Objects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\SL SDK.

There should be a SDK Samples folder which would have the file com.sap.sl.sdk.authoring.samples.source.jar, containing the source code of the samples.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I will look the samples and would need help if find any issues executing them.

Regards,

raul

Former Member
0 Kudos

For any issues/queries post it to the below forum as it is the correct forum space for BO Java SDK related queries.

Java SDK Application Development

Answers (0)