cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link two FI documents under one invoice in document flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have a requirement where two accounting documents needs to be created for a single invoice as per client requirement. We have managed to achieve this using Billing user exit. Now, we want to link the two accounting documents under the billing document.

Scenario is as below.

Billing Type: ZFx

Accounting Document Type in Billing Type: AB

Additional Accounting Document Created: XY

Now, in the document flow, we need both AB & XY documents to appear under the billing document.

Can you help to let me know how to achieve this?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bhanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I've seen this requirement many times and we always suggested not to gamble with the standard system for making two accounting documents for one invoice. I don't know your client's requirement in detail and the background why they want it so badly that they allowed to change the standard behavior.

Now' when you have changed the standard behavior of creating accounting document by using a userexit you could also try to update VBFA table at the time of saving SD invoice. Ask your ABAPER to check this possibility and insert 2nd document number in VBFA by using a function module. We did this few years ago to update document flow using the function module.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

Thanks for your response.

Can you provide the Function Module details that are used to update VBFA? Thanks.

Regards,

Bhanu

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ;

Is the link from billing document to accounting document stored in VBFA? As far I remember it isn't stored in this table.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

That was couple of years ago and my ABAPER did that. You can ask your ABAPER to google it and search as I have no access to that system now. I think it would not be difficult to find function module to update a standard table.

Thank$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is stored in BSEG or MKPF I think but you know OP has already changed the standard behavior of creating accounting document so I suggested to try VBFA. You are right and thanks for highlighting the BSEG and BKPF tables as well (if I am not wrong).

OP need to check the behavior of linkage between SD invoice and accounting document and insert 2nd document with some function module in standard table.

Thank$

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What for your client needs two accounting document and how you have achieved ? 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the response.

Once PM order is posted there will be two accounting document with following postings

Accounting Document 1:

CR: PMO (G/L + Cost center)

DR: G/L A + Cost center X

Accounting Document 2:

CR: G/L A +Cost center X

DR: G/L A +Cost center Y

The charges to the customer which is in G/L A and cost center Y, to be posted only after approved by customer as all these customers are internal govt. customer.

But in the mean time business don`t want to keep the cost in PM order, so a separate controlling cost center put in-between to keep the cost for maximum of 21 days.

The accounting document 2 is a parked accounting document which goes to customer through a workflow to approve. Once approved or no action till 21 days, its get posted. If rejected, business will need to take action and post it manually as required.

And, we have used user exit EXIT_SAPLV60B_008 in order to create the second accounting document.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Bhanu