Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Information for Android Platform

saket_abhyankar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a questions related to browser on android platform to run custom/standard Fiori Apps.

Is Mozilla Firefox a supported browser to run Fiori apps on android platform? If yes, which version?

I tried to find this information on internet but it was more or less confusing. I also found a note 1935915, but it does not clearly say anything about Mozilla Firefox. It is also not clear which browser/browsers are considered under 'Android Browser' (column 6)?

Any input on this is highly appreciated

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Saket,

As you know "It may work & not supported" and "tested & supported" are different.

The note 1935915 is correct one to find the "tested & supported".

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saket,

2  Because of the huge number of different Android devices, the following devices have been tested as reference -

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Series Pro+S 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4+S5

In my idea, it means the default web browser within Samsung Galaxy.

Regards,

Ning

saket_abhyankar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ning,

Thank you for your reply!

My main question is still open: Is Mozilla Firefox a supported/recommended browser to run Fiori apps on android platform or not?

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saket,

Additionally, as mentioned in the note, why not consider to use Fiori Client or latest Google Chrome in your android device since the unclear statement about Mozilla Firefox.

If necessary, please open an incident to SAP or wait for SAP employee in this SCN to answer.

Regards,

Ning