cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices using Physical Inventory in EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning Experts:

This time I writing because I would like you share with me your experiences performing the physical inventory using EWM and the best practices using this functionality. So far I have performed physical inventories adjusting (+ or -) quantities of the HU found in the bins, however I have doubts in how should be the best way to handle the situations where you may have the following cases:

• You find physically a HU in one bin during the counting but in the system is this HU in a different bin? Do you move it manually? The PI transaction is able handling this scenario?
  • You have physical an empty bin but theoretically in the system there is a HU in that bin. You empty the bin as result of the counting but later on in a different counting the lost HU in a different bin. Do you recover in some way the HU number you empty before? Do you create new HU? I have been having problems trying to “recovering” the empty HU.

Thank you very much for your time reading this note. Any thoughts will be highly appreciated.

Jose Luis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

oritra
Participant

Hi Jose,

In the first scenario,

The system will prompt you with a warning message that the HU is present elsewhere. If you choose to ignore the same, the system creates a warehouse task in the background to move the HU to the bin you're counting. The warehouse task will have a process category of 4 and a reference to the PI doc you're counting.

In the second,

You'll required to recreate the HU. You'll have to enter all the relevant details such a packaging material on posting, product, quantity, ST etc.

GI/GR will only be posted when the difference is posted in difference analyzer.

Regards,

Oritra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose Luis,

If we go with storage bin specific physical inventory process over the range of storage bins (

a whole storage type or separate bins for different storage types ).

The system creates a PI document to execute the counting for the given area. Then we can count the products ( HUs ) in that area.

once after posting the PI document, the system can adjust the positions of products in the system.

in your case over all quantity is same but, stock position with respect to bin can be updated as you posted.

BR,

C K Reddy