cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRIR reclassification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Members

Please guide how system reclassify GRIR . is its is done line item wise fro each GRIR account

Also in my case the whole GR IR account is not classified . How can I get which line items are not reclassified any experience or suggestion.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198686
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ammar,

As you know GR/IR clearing is northing but Goods Receipt Invoice Receipt clearing Account. Even if you get Goods Receipt with Invoice Receipt, Still GRIR clearing Account is required. I will tell you why..

Goods Receipt is generally done by Store keeper at stores through MIGO T.code. Moment GRN is  done, Accounting entry  shall be generated automatically based on FI-MM Integration. As you know entry will be,

Inventory Account Dr - Asset

GRIR A/c Cr. - Liability

At the time of GRN itself liability will be created. While doing Invoice booking GRIR will be debited and Vendor will be credited. This entry will be booked by normally accounts person who knows to which vendor the liability should be assigned.

As you cannot expect a stores person to pass accounting entry system will create asset and liability whereas while doing invoice booking accounts person will assign that liability to the correct vendor. Apart from there could be reason of price difference, or debit note to be adjusted to vendor which can only be done by accounts person. So without GRIR you cannot directly debit stock and credit vendor.

That is the reason why you need a GRIR account even if goods is received with invoice.

"                                       "

Hope this clarifies you.

Regards,

Ravi kumar Kota.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I totally agree with what you narated , but I could not convey my querry clearly let me explain:

We have some balaces in GR IR accounts at month end Like Rs 5000, there are mutiple GR IR Accounts . Now as per reclassification this 5000 shall be splitted to two account Invoice but not GR and Gr  but not invoiced and corresponding effect shall be posted in GR IR adjustment account. now according to logic Totall balance of all GR IT accounts and GRIR adjustment account must be equal but in opposite indication i.e one is DR and other will cr . In my case at month end the balance off GRIr accounts and GRIR adjustment are not same means all transaction are not reclassified.

My question how to check which transactions are not reclassified

System reclassify each line item in GRIR or sum of transaction.

former_member198686
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ammar,

Check with both transaction codes 1. MB5S , 2. ME80FN .May be use full to you.

And let me know i reached your question or not.