cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-BP: Map BP_REL custom field to Staging area

Former Member

Hi SCN,

We have added the custom attribute ZPERCENTAGE to the BP_REL entity type of the BP Data Model.

We use this attribute to be able to save the Percentage of Capital Interest (BUT053-CMPY_PART_PER) for a relation.

We managed to save the Percentage via the MAP_DATA_2API method of our custom handler class in case of entity type BP_REL since the external data structure has the Percentage field that is later in the coding SAP standard coding saved to BUT053.

When opening a BP the READ_OBJECT_DATA method of the handler class correctly reads the relation data, the Percentage which we saved is visible in the external structure. The data needs to be transfered to our custom ZPERCENTAGE attribute of the BP_REL entity. The mapping from ECC towards the BP Data Model is, if I'm not mistaken, done in the MAP_DATA_2STA method of the handler class. However, when opening the BP the entity type BP_REL is not passed towards this MAP_DATA_2STA method so I see no opportunity to map the ECC data towards the data model.

Where does the mapping of the BP_REL entity type to the Data Model happen? Is there any other way to be able to map the DB data towards the MDG Data Model?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards,

Niels De Greef

Message was edited by: Niels De Greef In short: I'm trying to find the spot where the mapping is done between the external structure, which is loaded in the READ_OBJECT_DATA method of the handler class, and the MDG BP data model.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

The issue has been resolved.

The mapping for entity BP_REL is initially done in method QUERY_BP_REL of the handler class CL_MDG_BS_BP_HANDLER. It's not possible to integrate this into a custom handler class since an entity can only be handled by a single handler class (standard one in this example). A repair has been made to load the BUT053 data into this query.

Best regards,

Niels De Greef

Answers (0)