cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship beteen activities

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have multiple internal activities in my project and I am using FS relationship between them now my requirement is:

1- Successor activity will automatically set its start date (with respect to FS relationship with Predecessor activity) and end date as  per the duration provided.

2- If I reschedule one activity related activities will also get shifted accordingly.

please share how can I achieve this in system.

Regards

Abhishek Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Based on the former discussion on forum I have changed my config. attaching screen shot of both earlier and current but unfortunately none of them is serving my requirement, please help me out.

Capture 1& 2 are the previous config.

Capture 3 & 4is the current config. Please help.

Regards

Abhishek Singh

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your updated configuration looks better.  With networks you want the WBS dates to come from Network scheduling.

To understand scheduling dates you need to find the anchor point in the chain of activities.  If no activities have date constraints then the network header dates are used as the starting point.  With backwards scheduling the network header finish date is the anchor and activities are first scheduled in reverse from there and then they are scheduled forward to determine the floats.

What behavior are you seeing?

0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your response , with the updated configuration system automatically calculates earliest and latest start and end date of the activities , I only had provided start date to the project definition and the duration to the activities , my requirement is if I set the relationship between activities as finish to start and reschedule the activities then the associated activities should also get reschedule accordingly but its not happening , please let me know where I am missing.

Regards

Abhishek Singh