cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub Gateway, Fiori Launchpad tile to backend SAP GUI for HTML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Background

I am working on an S/4HANA implementation, configuring Fiori.

The landscape consists of the S/4HANA backend server and a stand-alone (Hub) Gateway server.

Users will log in to the landscape using Business Client 6.0.

They need to be able to access the Fiori Launchpad (hosted on the Gateway Hub) but also the SAP GUI for HTML which is hosted on the backend S/4HANA server.

Problem/Question

Users need to access the Launchpad (hosted on Gateway) and Web GUI (hosted on S/4HANA) from a single Business Client log-in. They should only log-in once. SSO.

Ideally when they open business client and log-in to the Launchpad they would then have a tile which launched Web GUI in another tab.

Other Information/Questions

We do not have the SAP Web Dispatcher configured at the moment. Do we need one in order to use Gateway as the single entry point to all S/4HANA screens? If yes, why, what does it do, and what can't we do if we DON'T use it? (Any links to guides for this would be appreciated if we need to configure this)

At the moment the WebDynpro apps aren't working from the launchpad, but this is believed to be due  to HTTPS not being enabled on S/4HANA, and the request is attempting to call the WebDynpro URLs on S/4HANA with HTTPS (rather than HTTP). The calls are being routed via the configured type H RFC, but are not obeying the "inactive" SSL part of the RFC. Once HTTPS is enabled I'll reattempt with SSL active.

I followed this guide to add a tile to the luanchpad which should load a webgui transation, but instead it attempted to access web gui on teh Gateway server (it didn't re-route the request according to the configuration in teh RFC/System Alias)..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

owen_carnes
Participant
0 Kudos

Lindsay and Jorg,

I am running into this same problem when trying to use application type of "Transaction" instead of "URL" in LPD_CUST.  What version of NetWeaver do you have installed on your Gateway systems?  Also, what version of the SAP_UI Add-On Component?

I have read I may need to upgrade to NW 7.5, or at least UI Add-on 2.0 SPS 04, in order to use that functionality.  If these notes enabled you to do it on NW 7.4, though, then I will try this first!

Thanks,

Owen

JK
Contributor
0 Kudos

i also had the error 'Transaction VA01 not exists' on the Gateway Server for all the Standard fioris with Transaction calls in lpd_cust (of Course, as fiori should call it on the s4hana...)

i've maintained the notes

0002260476 Initial Screen from LPD_CUST definition for transaction does

0002279202 UI2: HTTP Connection für System Alias wird nicht gefunden

0002296550 LPD_CUST system Alias is not recognized

0002313296 Fix for ABAP Launchpad to ITS URL migration

0002314599 LPD_CUST: Systemalias wird nicht erkannt

0002318483 Support of native SAP GUI transactions in Business Client 6.

i also maintained the Default RFC-Destinations (Typ H)

S4PP

S4FIN

S4EAM

S4PRC

S4SD

now the alias is working also for the webgui Transaction!

see also documentation for 'Creating a HTTP RFC Destination to Back-End Server ' in the install guides and

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-business-client/blog/2015/06/01/configuring-remote-systems-in...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah brilliant, thanks Jorg! I'll try this now!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have implemented the notes (I already had the RFCs configured) and it seems this is working for me too. I've only been able to test not-through the Web Dispatcher (which my colleague removes some work-around config we put in) but when I test directly on the FLP through the Gateway  I successfully get a login screen for the WebGUI applications now! (I think through the WebDispatcher this will be handled by SSO)

Thank you Jorg!

Once I have been able to test through the Web Dispatcher I'll mark your answer as correct! Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional information:

When I use the "Manage Purchase Orders" app, and click on a PO, it attempts to open "advanced" editing in a new tab, which is a WebGUI page to edit the PO.

The URL hash is "#PurchaseOrder-display?PurchaseOrder=W3014752&uitype=advanced" in an example, and in the network tab it attempts to call "/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui;~sysid=ND1;~service=3200?%7etransaction=*MMPURPAMEPO%20DYNP_OKCODE%3dONLI%3b%3d%3bP_EDIT%21%3d%3bP_EBELN%3dW3014752%3buitype%3dadvanced&%7enosplash=1&sap-client=260&sap-language=EN&sap-ie=edge&sap-theme=<my-custom-theme-url>"

But the host and port are that of the Gateway server, called ND1, not the S/4HANA server, called ED1.. (I get a 403 because the ICF node in Gateway is not active)

In the app LPD_CUST config for this app (UICORE Instance: PRC > Display Purchase Order Advanced) I see the System Alias is set to S4PRC - I have already configured the type H RFC (S4PLM_HTTPS) to point to the S/4HANA server, and the path prefix is set to "/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/", and the connection test is successful, but this routing doesn't seem to be happening... It's trying to look at the Gateway WebGUI node, which I have not activated, as I want to use the S/4HANA node.

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

What I have done is according to SAP Service Marketplace - UX Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA

The SAP Best Practices will tell you how to configuration your Fiori Launchpad, the basic configuration for transaction Apps, Analytic Apps and so on in S/4HANA.

You need to install the Web Dispatcher as mentioned in technical system landscape.

Hope it can help you perform the smooth configuration.

Regards,

Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ning,

The launchpad is already successfully configured for all Fiori apps, but it's the tiles/links which navigate the user to the Web GUI which isn't working. For standard Fiori apps I don't need the Web Dispatcher.. maybe I do for Web GUI?

I will look at the documentation you mention for information around Web GUI configuration through the Fiori Launchpad.

Thank you,
Lindsay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been refering to the UI Technology Guide section 5.3.1.2. which mentioned SAP GUI for HTML, but doesn't mention which server to activate these nodes on (I have assumed S/4HANA as this is where I want the Web GUI loaded from) but then it doesn't explain how to access this from the Fiori Launchpad / from the Gateway hub.