cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push Notifications with HCPms and embedded SAP Gateway configuration problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried to setup the Gateway Server in order to send Push notification to the HCPms and the subscribed devices. I have an embedded system, so there is no standalone ERP system. For the configuration I used the H2G from . But after all, I can't trigger a push notification on my device, and also there is no log entry in the HCPms.

I'm confused about the configuration of the RFC destinations, the configuration in SBGRCCONF and in the customizing table /IWBEP/C_SYSTEM .

Here you can see my setup:

This points to the same machine. In the special options I have selected the "Classic with bgRFC" as transfer protocol.

For the RFC Destination "BGRFC_SUPERVISOR" I have the identically values.

For the destination to the HCPms, I have maintend this one:

There I also use the root certificate of HCPms.

In customizing table /IWBEP/C_SYSTEM I have this one:

In TA SBGRCCONF I got the following settings:

At the last screen, IWFND_ODATA_PUSH is inbound, BGRFC_SUPERVISOR is outbound.

Now when running a test report, I got the following output in TA SBGRFCMON:

I got a red light, because the user has not the right permissions I think, but that's not the problem. But when I compare my output with the one from the guide, I see that there should be some entries in the Inbound section and I don't know if the queue should be in the outbound or inbound section.

When I fix the permissions, and retry, there is no more entry in it - but I also get no logging information at the HCPms and also no push notification on the device.

Would be nice, if anybody can help me with this configuration problem and give me a hint what could be wrong.

Best regards,

Bastian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenichi_unnai
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bastian,

Just to clarify, if you have the embedded system (= SAP GW Hub, SAP GW and SAP ERP box are the same), you can just follow the steps with the SAP Gateway Hub (that is, H2G #6 - no need of #8).

And - I noticed your screen capture of SBGRCCONF does't have any value assigned for Logon/server group field. It must have some value. Can you check?

Best regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I tried it in SBGRCCONF with both, no value and 390.

So, I don't need to assign a value in the Scheduler: Destination tab?

Regarding the entry in /IWBEP/C_SYSTEM: In your guide #7 you have the values LOCAL and NONE. Am I wrong with my values?

Is this correct, that I have in SBGRFCMON my queue under the output node and with the FM /IWFND/FM_MGW_NOTIF_RECEIVER ?

Best regards,

Bastian

kenichi_unnai
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I believe your system must provide the value for Logon/server group popup. If you don't see it - most likely you missed that config somewhere (it is not a part of SAP Gateway config). Perhaps you can reach out your basis guru colleagues?

Yes you don't have to touch the Scheduler: Destination. (I believe it won't do any harm if you have the value there though)

Yes please try LOCAL and NONE, it should make sense to your system too - as all are in the same box.

And - if you follow the steps precisely as documented, the queue name should be "IWFND_ODATA_PUSH" for inbound.

You might want to fix above and delete the queue - and try run the test report again.

Hope this helps!

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I got it now.

I checked all settings twice, after a couple of tries I saw that there is a notification log entry in HCPms!

Don't know exactly which setting was wrong, but with your help it is running now.

One last question:

I created a DUMMY_ENDPOINT destination as type "G" in SM59 with a target host that does not exist. I also have an entry within table /IWBEP/D_MGW_SUB with this delivery address

With this dummy destination, I should see a queue in SBGRFCMON after running the test report I think, but there is nothing. Is there a mistake in my thought?

Thank you very much and best regards,

Bastian

kenichi_unnai
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Wonderful. You're making a real progress 🙂

Two thought -

- Make sure if your GW box really has the SFLIGHT data generated.

- Make sure your DUMMY_ENDPOINT really exists in SM59 (I mean typo.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, both things checked.

But the push notifications work properly, so it's enough

Thank you very much!

Answers (0)