cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Date on MTO Sales based on Open Production orders/Planned Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to calculate delivery date in MTO sales orders which considers open sales orders / open production orders and planned orders.

why I am saying this is system should not confirm the sales order until it has a capacity available to produce the MTO sales order.

I know that Delivery date for MTO orders comes from In-house production time set in MRP2 view on Material Master but this will not consider the planned orders / open production orders while calculating the delivery date on sales order.

Thanks,

Ananda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ananda,

????  For MTO, there are no existing production orders/planned orders in the segment used by ATP.  This is more or less the definition of MTO.  You MAKE the parts only after receiving the ORDER.  Make-To-Order.  Other segments are not considered for ATP.

With respect to 'confirming sales orders according to capacity', such a functionality does not exist in standard in ECC.  GATP in APO does have this capability.

You may want to consider ATO, where the supporting supply elements are created upon Sales order entry.  Confirmations are based upon these supply elements.

Assemble-to-order - Demand Management (PP-MP-DEM) - SAP Library

Expand the topics on the left, and then read the details for each ATO scenario.

Best Regards,

DB49