cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JRA connection to message server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use the JRA to connect to an ABAP back end. The backend is setup to allow load balancing and high availability using a message server and logon groups.

Is it possible to connect to the message server with the JRA. (for example : passing a logon group as a parameter)

Can we benefit from the load balancing offered by the message server.

Thanks.

Thierry Dagnino

Systems Architect

Hydro-Québec

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently using JCo proxies in NW04 to make BAPI calls into ABAP, but have been told to switch over to using JRA instead. Examples on how to use JRA for doing this seems sparse at best, so I would appreciate any examples that you could provide. Thanks.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a small FAQ on JRA in help files.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/6a/1a8f403086d838e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

does this help ?

regards,

siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you, but I don't see any information on JRA and load balancing or failover.

I really don't want to have to implement my own load balancing algorithm. I think this is something that should be provider by the infrastructure in this day and age.

Thanks.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just read about JRA and found the following facts.

'The SAP Java Resource Adapter (SAP JRA) is a J2EE -compatible connector for SAP systems. It enables the integration of SAP systems with J2EE application servers. The SAP JRA implements the standard J2EE interfaces for the SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo), thus simplifying communication between heterogeneous, distributed J2EE landscapes and SAP.

You can use the SAP JRA to call remote functions of an SAP system by executing RFC calls via TCP/IP.'

So I believe since its just an add-on like thing which connects to the SAP system via SAP JCO you shouldn't worry about connecting to message server.

Since while creating a JCO connection you can define whether it should be a load-balanced or not.

Check this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/3a/3b1b40fcdd8f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

another example would be found here...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/25/19e7752be1c8459258a072d87e3a34/frameset.htm

hope that clears your doubt.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

All I can set in the JCA (Java Ressource Adapter)are

SAPClient

UserName

Password

Language

ServerName

PortNumber

Perhaps there is another property for the logon group that should be passed to the message server.

I can't find that anywhere ...

maybe someone can help me find it ?

Thanks again for your help with JCO, this gives me hope since at least the underlaying JCO layer supports connections to message servers.

Thierry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the parameters in the javadoc of JRA.

They are

MessageServer - SAP message server

Group - Group of SAP application servers

SystemID - R/3 name

I'll test this.

The javadoc is in a file called "jra.zip" that can be found with a search on sdn.

Thanks.

Thierry

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi thieery,

great i checked the parameters yes that should help.

regards,

siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thierry,

I am also looking for a way to specify the message server name and logon group to take advantage of load balancing for SAP R/3 backend system. I am using JCA to connect to the backend system.

Were you able to figure out how to specify the message server and logon group ??

Thanks

Bhabesh Patel