cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a single AuC for all WBS on a project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus;

We have an investment project with several WBS elements which will be setteled to a AuC, by using an invesment profile we can create AuC when project is released, problem is one AuC is created for each WBS element, this creates a bit of chaos on financial reports and we have recieved a request for all WBS to setlle against the same AuC instead of several.

One way would be manually creating the AuC and then assing it to the settlement rule but this way we loose the automatization gained by asigning an investment profile. Is there a standard way to change this system behavior?

Thank you in advance for your time

-Pelayo;

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddheshwar_pise
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pelayo,

You can check SAP Note 211324 - CJB1: Strategy for settlement to superior WBS.

You can settle costs of lower level WBS elements to level 1 WBS element by defining strategy rule and then settlement of level 1 WBS element to AUC.

Investment profile should be maintained only at level 1 WBS element.

You will need to take help from ABAP consultant also.

Kindly go through the note.

Thanks,

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddheshwar I've implemented note 211324 i've created a strategy and assigned it to the project profile, but when i run CJB2 even while there is no error message no settlement rule is mantained for any WBS element (it's completely blank). i've been reading the forums in search for a solution but i havent found any.

- All the steps described in the note are mantained.

- The strategy defined goes as follow: AA element "X", Settlement profile "Z00001", AcctAssCat "5" there is no RA Key in use.

-The strategy has been assigned to project profile.

I have created a new WBS structure for testing and only the lvl 1 WBS has an investment profile as yousuggested.

Can you think of anything i'm missing?

siddheshwar_pise
Explorer
0 Kudos

Also,

Check SAP Note 557897 and 498502, it might help.

Regards,

Sid

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siddheshwar_pise
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just check by any chance, you have ticked account assignment and billing element for the wbs for which you want to create settlement rule.

Regards,

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply, the settlement rule creation is working now, i only had to apply the corretions described in the originl note.

siddheshwar_pise
Explorer
0 Kudos

Great!!!

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Pelayo,

you can write validation for where system will check if WBS level 2 then investment profile should be blank. all WBS Level 2 will get settled to WBS Level 1 and finally all cost will go to AUC created via WBS Level 1.

thanks

Sunil